Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pod line 6 pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sharp_19, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp_19

sharp_19

May 22, 2003
    Hi, i play a warwick bass through an SWR bass stack at the moment. One of my mates has recomended the bass pod pro, i know its pretty good for recording direct into computers and studio setups but how would it fit in with my amp would i be able to go into the pod then route into the amp head and then into the cabinets? if so would i benefit in anyway when playing live, or what would it do to my over all setup??

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Do NOT buy it. The same $300+ for one of these could be spent much better elsewhere on good gear.

As HeavyDuty mentioned, this belongs in the "Crappy Overpriced Effects" forum.

If that forum existed here at TB, you would find that cheesy VAMP from Behringer there as well.

-Mike

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wooopppsss...I am sorry. I suppose I should provide some kind of reason for my opinion.

I am a relatively new bass player, and I bought one thinking this was the coolest thing around. It works well for recording, and playing at home, yep. When I ran it through my Hartke head, and 215 cabinet, I got poor results. Thinking it was me, I let a couple trusted veteran bass player friends use it. It crapped out on them while playing live, and did not deliver consistent tone or sound to the cabs. It would cut out as well. I do not think this is made for high volume, live performance.

-Mike

4. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    I used a regular Pod into a Mackie 1400i for a while, and it was a real pain to tweek things on the fly during a show. It also had a nasty habit of dumping it's memory. Needless to say I didn't use it for long. What specifically were you going to use it for live? Effects? Preamp?

5. multi forum posting is a no-no here. closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.