1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

pod live bass expansion pack?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by benstormer, May 13, 2006.

1. benstormer

benstormer

Apr 20, 2006
    hi all,im getting a pod in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me?ive heard that if you get the pod xt live[guitar version]you can get a bass expansion pack for it that has all the amp&cab models the bass pod live has on it&that it also has an effects crossover frequency so you can use all the effects from the guitar pod for bass,is this true?theres double the amount of fx/stompboxes on the guitar pod&theres also more expansion packs available.ive checked through the fx/stompbox lists&including the new update[which you get for free on the guitar pod]there seems to be about 95% of the same fx as you get on the bass pod anyway&heap load more.also it says that they have no plans to release an expansion pack for the bass pod.the bass expansion pack is only about 60quid and it seems a wkd deal 2 get a quality pedal you can use for both guitar and bass for that much+the price of a pod.the only concerns i have is wether the fx will lose some of the low end sound from my bass&also wether you can still download the bass patches from the customtone library on to the guitar pod.does anyone know if this would work&/or have any experience of this setup?please advise,many thanks.

2. well you could get the guitar one but i dont think the upgrade comes with the bass effects like the synths and filters,

also the upgrade is £150 so id just get the bass one then buy extra fx that is missing from bass1.