1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pod or Pod XT?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fetfet, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Line 6 Bass POD

12.5%
  2. Line 6 Bass POD XT

37.5%
  3. Other Line 6(specify in post)

25.0%
  4. Other(specify in post)

25.0%
  1. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    He said per song. So I guess that'll be okay.

I have now more experience with Line6 POD's.
    (Remember, a while back I asked you about your experiences with it.)

I tried them out: XT and X3.

I think the X3 is awesome. I like the amp modelling.
    However, I myself would never us the amp modelling live, but as multi-effects it is very usefull.

For home practice and recording the amp modelling is very fun.

I'm not sure of getting the X3 bean or X3 rack.
    Also thinking about a BOSS GT-6B at the local store for special (last one) price. The GT-6B is a good preamp modeller, but the X3 has more possibilities.

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Huh. I totally read that as something like "during songs".

I must have been really tired yesterday cus I kept misreading stuff all the time.....

I do remember you asking bout stuff, and initially I found the units quite good, but I guess as I dug deeper I found way to many limitations for my liking. I must admit I have been thinking bout snapping up a GT6B just to see what its like.....

:bag:

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Pod XT Live much easire to tweek and save your sounds than either pod and much more versatile.

4. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Neither, use a multi-effects pedal without modeling

5. rezin

rezin

Sep 26, 2006
    Madison, WI

that's what i have and i really like it. works great for bass and guitar, although i do wonder about what i'm missing by just have the bass expansion pack instead of the actual bass pod.

i love the sub dub tone with the facial fuzz effect

6. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    I'm just going to get the Bass Pod Xt, because I need to clearly see what the effects are, and i think it seems like a pain to program in the foot pedals on the Live. I might pick up a used Pod Xt and buy a bass expansion, but i don't own a guitar, so IMO it would be useless to pay extra for half of a pedal i'm not usng.

7. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    :)

Didn't you swore off multi-effects, and try to be a single pedals man?
    Beware.

I never had a multi-effects unit, but they appeal to me because I don't switch effects during a song. So different patches on a multi might be useful.

8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Hehe, yes I did :D Im more interested in trying out Boss's "put your effects in any order" type thing than any of the effects themselves.

Pretty much any multi would be useful in that situation. No worry about patch switch times, and no real need for a controller board (in the case of the PODs). For me I tend to switch effects during a song. For example, in "Dazed and Confused" by Zep I'll just have a plain bass tone for the first riff, then when the scale riff part kicks in I'll stomp on my Hema's boost or OD depending on how dirty I feel that day. Sure I could do that on any of the PODs with a controller board, but I found that the FBVs "stomp" switch was too out of the way for me.

With singles I can rearrange the stomps so that I can get at the switches I really need to, and put the ones I only occasionally use at the back. As an example, right now my Hematoma is right at the front of my board, with easy access to both the OD and boost switches.

After re-reading this thread a little, I think that the Bass PODxt would prolly fit what the OP is looking for:

Especially if your not switching in/out stuff during a song.

(Sorry about getting a little of topic....)

9. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    It's the Bass Pod XT.

10. I just picked up a used bass xt in great shape for $100, already had a guitar xt with the bass upgrade, but now I figure at that price why pass it up.

They can be had for $125 on ebay so go for the Bass xt.