POD or PODxt sound samples

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mosca, Apr 16, 2005.

1. mosca

Feb 7, 2005
    Does anyone have Bass POD or Bass PODxt sound samples? I already listened the ones from line 6 website, is there any other place i cant get them?
  2. mosca

Feb 7, 2005
  3. I don't have any but I was able to play through one aty a guitar center. Wasn't bad for studio stuff IMO.
  4. mosca

Feb 7, 2005
    i said I already listened those from line 6 website.
  5. Yeah...this is just my opinion, but a few sound samples of the POD XT will, in no way, shape, or form, be an accurate illustration of everything this unit is capable of. It models about 18 amps, 20+ cabinets, and nearly every "industry standard" effect out there, plus a few Line 6 originals. There are literally thousands of configurations, and that is before tweaking anything...and there's infinite options for tweaking.

It's also very difficult to compare the POD with the POD XT with a few samples. Even if you have both set to model the same amp, cab, and effect, you're still listening to them on a computer and not in-studio or live.

With that said...no, I don't know where any sound samples are.
  6. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    My biggest beef with effects manufacturers is that many of them offer 1 or 2 samples at the most. Line 6 is pretty good about getting plenty of sound clips, but (like in this instance) they don't say what rig they used to record. That Slap Happy clip sounded great, but it's really not impressive if he was using a MM Stingray or something where the tone is already there.

If he was using a Yamaha PJ bass.....I'd buy the Bass Pod in a second because that would be quite the accomplishment. See what I mean?

7. I used a Podxt for guitar to record our band's ep... sounded good to me.