1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pod X3 question... running two inputs at once

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by ishouldbeking, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    I have a similar question going in a separate non-Pod related thread, but I thought I might get a more specific response here.

So I'm trying to organize a silent rehearsal for myself and a guitarist using as little gear as possible. I have a Pod X3 bean, and I'm wondering if it's possible for us to both run into the X3 at the same time, then use a headphone splitter so we can both monitor live.

In my mind it seems like it would be possible to set up the Pod to use tone 1 as a guitar patch and have the guitar running through the 1/4" input, but I'm not sure if there's a way to input the bass... could I go through the XLR mic input somehow? I do have a DI pedal (Behringer BDI21, as well as a Tech 21 VT Bass) which could be used if I needed a hotter signal, but I'm not really sure what I'd need. Theoretically couldn't I have that 2nd input routed through "tone 2" and have it set up with a bass patch so we could both be modeling simultaneously?

I'm just curious if I'm missing something, or if anyone has a recommendation. Thanks in advance.