Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

podxt or boss gt-6b?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by havuk, Mar 16, 2005.

1. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    Hello, I am wanting something to use for practicing with headphones, i have been looking at the podxt and gt-6b boards. Wanted some opinions on which would be the better option and why. I have read the pros and cons of each in threads but wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks

2. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Why don't you consider a Tascam CD-BT II or a Korg Pandora for headphone practice????? :meh:

3. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    Actually I want to use the unit while practicing with my amp too. I want a multi effects unit for all purposes , sorry i wasn't clear enough :bassist:

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I think the GT-6B would be more useful. I enjoy mine when I need it.

This reminds me, I need to spend a little more quality time with mine.

5. mentalretard27

mentalretard27

Jun 14, 2001
    If you're going to use it in live situations frequently, the GT-6B is a no brainer since it has the foot pedals and all. If you're just using it for practice and studio work, I've personally always thought that Line 6 products sounded a bit more realistic than BOSS ones. That said, I own both of these products in their guitar based counterparts, and they both see a lot of use. I just think that for home/studio use the Bass PodXT would be more your thing. Takes up a hell of a lot less room too!

6. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    I would get the PODxt or PODxt Pro because their tones are more studio quality. Don't get too wierd with the amp combos. or you might F*** up your sound bad.
    You can also buy the Line6 foot controller which would allow you to gig with it.

7. Bob Rogers

Bob Rogers Left is Right

Feb 26, 2005
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    I have no experience with the Boss unit, so my comments relate only to the POD. (And I have the Bass POD, the guitar PODxt, and 2.0, but not the Bass PODxt so take it for what it's worth.)

For my money, the POD is best used for (1) experimenting with a lot of sounds (2) direct recording (3) playing live through a PA or a very flat amp. Since you asked about a headphone amp (1) might apply to you (at least for now). If you are mostly interested in experimenting, the Bass PODxt (or even the Bass POD) is a good teaching tool. The xt (at least in my experience) has good sounds for recording and gigging. But you can learn a lot without the world's best tones. However, if you have a particular tone in your head and just want to keep quite while everone else is asleep there are cheaper ways to do it.