1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

POG2 Glitching out?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Footbutt, May 24, 2011.

1. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    So on my SKB PS-45 pedalboard i have my POG2 running off of the 9V feed. this has been working properly for a while now (like 6 months) but recently it has started glitching out. as in the lights flash rapidly, on and off. i can still bypass the pedal, but when i was playing last Saturday at a gig, the glitch happened and it rendered it useless... which meant my intrical part was not heard. *pouts*

i only started getting this problem when i instigated a Tech 21 Leeds pedal into my setup. my set up runs: POG2-> And Aardvarks! boost-> Leeds-> M9. i doubt using the Leeds is what caused the glitch, but i didn't know if anyone else has had the same problem with their POG2.

ideas?

this happens at random, but when it does, i can't even get it to turn on properly. also, i've tried using an independent power supply with no avail.

now i'm actually considering purchasing an Eventide Pitchfactor. *folds arms across chest* just when i wanted the highly-desired Space Reverb!

2. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    you probably already checked this... but I've had this happen before with my POG2 and found the 9v wasn't firmly connected.

3. the pogs have a very high MA requirement, the combination of pedals might just be sucking more power that your supply can give.

I always power my pog II with its own power supply

4. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    well, i pulled the 9V tab up for a better contact and the pedal seemed to work... up until last night at practice!

i'm going to try a dedicated power supply with the recommended 180MA. the reason i'm confused is that it's been working fine for months and all of the sudden it starts glitching out. i just hope this solves it...

5. If you're daisy chaining the power, the POG might not be getting enough (some pedals are fussy and like to either have a psu to themselves or for you to use something with more juice like a Pedal power brick).

6. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Depends on your power supply. I power 16 pedals including a POG2 with a 1 spot.