POG2 vs H9

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blu bro, Nov 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    I understand that the H9 can cover more ground (I'm just talking about the harmonizer side of the pedal for this thread). But I just want to know can the H9 replace a POG2?

I have a POG2 and though I like playing with it, it lost its spot on my board. I feel like I will regret selling it but can see a H9 in my future plans. So can the H9 do the same things as a POG2? has anyone made the change and regretted it?

just trying to figure out weather or not I should sell it to fund the H9- as much as I like the POG2 I am finding it hard to justify keeping it around for no real reason.

Any input is appreciated.

Flabzilla likes this.
  2. Probably not, in my limited experience. I've got a couple of H9s and while they can do some similar things they tend struggle to keep up with fast playing with some pitch algos. What they do really well is delayed pitch stuff, lots to play with there. There's no feature like the POG2's attack slider.

The closest algo is Quadravox. It has 4 voices other than the dry one and can be set to -2,-1, +1 and +2 octaves. Or any intervals you like.

This demo is as close as I could find for a comparison; the H9 can do the Pitchfactor algos.

3. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    thanks I will watch it now. I was not aware of the absence of an attack feature.. hmmmm.. making it tough to sell it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    That was the dealbreaker for me. In fact, I tend to use the POG2 more for that feature than for all the octave voices!

5. Loring

Loring Supporting Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    can the pog do diatonic - ie as you move through the scale it changes from minor to major accordingly?

6. No, the Pog only does octaves -2, -1, +1, +2

eriky4003 likes this.