1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Point and Laugh....AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
  2. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    So do you normally wear the sunglasses and beanie or are you trying to look cool for TB? :p props for the TB shirt though.

So the video hasn't played fully yet, but nice topwood on that Ibby

A couple notes you're hitting around the 45 second mark sound out of key.
    work on using all your fretting fingers instead of just two. (that includes the pinky)
    Low notes are real boomy and fuzzy, are you mic'ing a cab? what kind of speaker is it, if you are? Reminds me of my old practice amp with an 8" speaker whenever i hit a low B

Anyway, thats just my opinion and constructive criticism. I'm not trying to diss you in anyway

3. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    lol, blame the crappy sound on the camera, my Ampeg 210 has a reall full low b sound, so it's definately the camera. and lol about the beanie, idk, I just put them on and decided to tape it like that. Like I said, that was a while ago, and I've started to use all my fingers more, and my playing has gotten better.

I'll try and record something else in a little while, it'll be better, and it won't be an intro or something like that, I'll just groove or something. Btw, all of this was played in C, and I think I was in key the whole time, but I was probably a little out of tune.

Greg

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

I like your Ibanez.

Cool playin' bro. :cool:

5. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    That solo sucked. :)

Nice bass, though.

6. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I really dig the wooden shoe on the shelf above your head. Overall, the whole "playing in the closet" vibe really did it for me. Nice.

7. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Interesting video. But why do I keep thinking of another post somewhere about all the old guys having good equipment and the young guys ....... oh, I forget.

I only forget some things, cause I have halfhiemers.

8. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Um, because that other thread was complete BS, perhaps? :D

9. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Thanks, I think so too (to both of your statements)

I'll record something else that's a little more...bassey.

I have over 3 grand of bass equipment in that closet, and I bought everything (at 15 btw) so I'm quite proud of my collection. Too bad you can't really get my tone from the crappy camera mic, oh well.

thanks for all the comments on my bass, I really love it.

Greg

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Very cool bass, I like it.

Your playing was nice, but seemed to lack structure. Like it could have just gone on forever.

11. Cool bass...As for the playing--lots of ideas, but they didn't go anywhere. Even if it's "just improvising", it helps to have some good ideas to build off of and expand on. Also, your left hand looks kinda funny like how you were playing; use all four fingers, it helps.
    -Alex