Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poison & KISS 6-19-04

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jaye, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I went with a friend of mine to see Poison and KISS last night at the Verizon Ampitheater (used to be Irvine Meadows) and it was an absolutly incredible time.

Poison (the band I was there to see originally) played first of course, and did about an hour and 15 minutes worth of their hits. This is the second time I had seen them and not only are they one of the most consistant, best sounding live bands I have ever heard, but they probably have the most fun too. I was row 8 in Orchestra One and being able to watch them do their thing from that close was a great experience.

They played (not in order):

Unskinny Bop
    Talk Dirty To Me
    Your Momma Don't Dance
    Every Rose Has Its Thorn
    Something To Believe In
    Fallen Angel
    I won't Forget You
    Ride The Wind
    Look What The Cat Dragged In
    Cry Tough

The lights go out after Poison and it is time to await the arrival of KISS. The girl I was with is a huge KISS fan and kept telling me I wouldn't quite understand until I saw them live. Now I had up til this point been a fair weather KISS fan, I liked the songs most people liked and really only owned one album, not someone you'd call a "fan". Last night everything changed...

KISS put on one of the most incredible shows I had ever seen, they were loud, fun, rock and roll at it's finest. We were close enough to see everything that went on perfectly and musically we had the pleasure of seeing the most talented lineup for KISS (Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer).

From the time they hit the stage to the time they left, through every second of the show they controlled the crowd like no one I had seen before. I can honestly say I am now a KISS fan, I now "get it" as my friend so eloquently put it.

KISS's Set (not in order, and probably not complete):
    Unholy
    Love Gun
    100,000 Years
    Christine 16
    Makin' Love
    Parasite
    Detroit Rock City
    Rock and Roll All Night
    Shout it Out Loud
    I love It Loud
    Lick It Up
    Hotter Than Hell

Definatly worth the money, the 5 hour round trip car trip, and everything else involved.

All in all, an aboslutly incredible night

2. I am a huge KISS fan, but I have a hard time with Eric and Tommy wearing Peter and Ace's makeup. It just seems like a tribute band now. I would not pay to see this or even go if it was free, and I hate to say that.... :(

Dave Starr: Bassist with CHASTAIN & Vicious Rumors