Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poison the well effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Does neone know what the guy for poison the well uses for effects/ rig?

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    is there a bass player in PTW?

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Its probably a p-bass and and SVT running full tilt into an 8x10

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    on the good cd's he played an ibanez bass. not sure the model, but it was a p-jazz set up.

5. I've seen pictures of him using a MM stingray and an 8*10 with some sorta ampeg head. they were live pics tho and a few different heads stacked on top of the cab.

6. yea i mainly wanna kno like effects like overdrives, distortions, and delays or whatever.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think people are telling you he doesn't use effects and any tone or effect you want to mimic is a overdriven tube head.

8. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Yeah, I'm not certain on his use of effects. But if you want to make your amp sound like an overdriven SVT try Tech21's Sansamp bass driver. It nails that tone.

9. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005

Or you could not kid yourself and get a Fulltone Bass Drive ;)

10. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    hehe...yeah, i got one of those too. It rules :bassist:

11. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    haha poison the well hasnt come back to richmond since they got the crap beat out of them at the last show they played here

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Wow, richmond sure does sound punx. :eyebrow:

13. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    I like their last CD... a little more melodic and accessible than their past stuff. Can't say i'm a huge fan of their bassist though... he does his job, but nothin special. Sounds like a Stingray thru an Ampeg, like someone said previously. I like those twangy telecaster-style guitar tones though... they get heavy without doing it the obvious nu-metal/hardcore way.

14. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    nope, just too many not so nice hardcore/crew kids, im glad i wasnt at that show

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You know, I've noticed that in Manchester (UK) aswell. One of my friends got a cigarette put out on his face, and the guy he was with got hit in the head with some knuckledusters and he needed 10 stitches. And then you find out this was at a Rise Against show. I mean, ***?!

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Man, kids need to chill out... no need for violence.

Me = Hippie.

17. that's rediculous! I've never seen that at a gig in the UK, i'm from sheffield which isn't the nicest city and some gigs i go to you wanna get there quick so you feel safer away from the streets! worried now tho i would have been at that show if they hadn't played a festival date just before that!

I imagine it's maybe kids that aren't even into rise against going to shows looking for fights cos' they think that's what it's all about... you get problems with kids in pits fighting, maybe same thing?! sometimes happens in this alt music club in sheffield aswell, the bouncers are pretty "useful" at sorting problems out tho

18. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Thats the way it is in CT too...It sucks. Granted I'm older and seen it all before, but it seems way out of hand these days.

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The Manchester Scene is sound (mancpunkscene.co.uk/forum) but its the idiots from outside it that cause the problems. So you hit the nail on the head.