Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

POISON'S BOBBY DALL ANYBODY?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by EAT MY BONCH, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EAT MY BONCH

EAT MY BONCH

Feb 23, 2003
    ALASKA
    OK, I KNOW MOST PEOPLE DON'T LIKE POISON BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE CHICKS AND USE WAY TOO MUCH AQUANET, BUT HAS ANYBODY REALLY ACTUALLY LISTENED TO BOBBY DALL'S BASS LINES? I DIDN'T BELIEVE MY FRIEND AT FIRST WHEN HE PRAISED DALL'S LINES BUT ONE OPEN MINDED LISTEN TO "TALK DIRTY TO ME" AND I WAS HOOKED. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE IS INTO PLAYERS LIKE VICTOR WOOTEN WHO JUST SHOWS OFF HIS TECHNIQUE ALL THE TIME WITH HIS SLAPPED NOODLES AND CONSTANT THUMPING. HAS ANYBODY REALLY LISTEN TO HOW BOBBY DALL INJECTS HIS SMOOTH MELODIC BASS LINES INTO HIS SONGS? AND HIS TONE IS JUST TO DIE FOR (DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BASS HE'S PLAYING? IS IT A MODULUS?) HE'S STANDS OUT TO ME AND I THINK HE IS PROBABLY THE GREATEST ROCK BASSIST OF ALL TIME IN THE ROCK GENRE! TOO BAD THAT SEATTLE GRUNGE CRAP HAD TO KNOCK THEM OFF THIER GOD-LIKE THRONE, AND BORING BASS LINES BECAME POPULAR. WHO OUT THERE IS WITH ME, TALK DIRTY TO ME PEOPLE.

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    err..............no

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    uhh...no need to yell, everyone can hear you just fine, if not better without the screamage :rolleyes:

and Vic Wooten shows off his technique because it just happens to be good.

word.

4. EAT MY BONCH

EAT MY BONCH

Feb 23, 2003
    ALASKA
    EERRRR A....DUH...ERRRR..GGRRR...I THOUGHT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT BOBBY DALL HERE? I PUT A THREAD ABOUT BOBBY DALL AND ALL I GET IS "ERR'S AND A'S" AND SOMETHING ABOUT SCREAMAGE? WHAT THE HECK DOES "IF NOT BETTER WITHOUT THE SCREAMAGE" MEAN? BASS TALK ANYBODY?

5. HannibalSpector

HannibalSpector

Mar 27, 2002
    Australia
    I'm sure the dude's a great bassplayer. Have a listen to Unskinnybop. Like to here Victor Wooten play a bassline like that;)

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    caps = screaming = impolite, dude. ;)

7. Chill out,son...

I doubt he'd be playing a Modulus. I think it's a Fender P-Deluxe, or possibly a Yamaha BB-1000.

I might've seen him with a Stingray too.

8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I've never seen Bobby play anything but a BC Rich. And yes, I do think some of his bass lines are pretty cool as well.

Also, as JMX pointed out, people are gettin' on you for screaming because you type in all capital letters. On the Internet, that indicates an angry, "screamy" tone of voice. Aside from that, your first post was fairly intelligent. Turn off the caps lock and see if you don't get more responses to your query.

9. :rolleyes:

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'know that old commercial, with the pollution, and the old indian? When he turns the camera with a single tear in his eye?

You might see where I'm going with this one...

11. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Let me "talk dirty" to you:

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK..... please:oops:

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  13. HEY EAT MY BONCH, I'M WITH YOU ON THE CAPITAL LETTERS! YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SO UPHAULED BY CAPS, IT'S A JOKE. I GUESS IT'S SUPPOSED TO MEAN YOUR YELLING, BUT HEY, MAYBE YOU FEEL LIKE YELLING! BIG DEAL. YOU'LL FIND THERE'S ALOT OF REALLY SENSITIVE COMPUTER PEOPLE OUT THERE, BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT MOST OF THOSE TYPES OF REPLIES GO AWAY AFTER A WHILE. ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK IT'S HARD TO READ CAPS AND THE THREAD IS TOO LONG BUT I ACTUALLY FIND IT ALOT EASIER TO READ! THANKS!WE SAY TOMATO!, THEY SAY tomato.

ANYWAY, I GOT TO SAY I'M NOT FEELIN' YA ON THE BOBBY DALL. I DUG OUT AN OLD TAPE MY WIFE HAD PACKED AWAY (SHUT UP! IT WAS TOO MY WIFE'S!) AND I JUST DON'T HEAR THAT AWESOME BASS PLAYIN' YOU WERE REFERRING TO.
    IT SOUNDED LIKE I COULD PLAY IT, AND I SUCK! HEY, AT LEAST I TRIED. WHO KNOWS,(IN COMPLETE SARCASM) MAYBE YOU SHOULD SIT DOWN WITH SOME VICTOR WOOTEN "YIN-YANG" AND GIVE US A FUTURE REPORT AS TO HOW "BORING" YOU THINK THOSE BASSLINES ARE?!!! LATER.

CAPS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm sure the dude's a great bassplayer. Have a listen to Unskinnybop. Like to hear Victor Wooten play a bassline like that"-(MY FAVORITE QUOTE)

"HE'S STANDS OUT TO ME AND I THINK HE IS PROBABLY THE GREATEST ROCK BASSIST OF ALL TIME IN THE ROCK GENRE"-(2ND FAVORITE QUOTE)

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I saw this guy in some live footage on VH-1's "where are they now" or some other show like that. He tosses his bass up in the air, it comes down and smacked him in the head, thus rendering him more unconscious than normal. It was the best thing he ever played.

No offence guys, you like what you like, -but I blame people like this guy for some folks thinking any drunk can play bass.

15. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    I wonder what this Poison fan looks like, I love poison but Im not a nut about it.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

16. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    :eek: :eek:

17. EAT MY BONCH

EAT MY BONCH

Feb 23, 2003
    ALASKA
    I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THOSE WHO ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS, AND TOOK ME SERIOUSLY. THANKS FOR THE PROPS CRICKETBREATH, I'VE BEEN PLAYING BASS FOR SO LONG THAT I HAVE AN INNER EAR PROBLEM AND SHOUTING IS JUST HOW I TALK.

AS TO YOUR COMENT ON BOBBY DALL BEING EASY TO PLAY, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING. YOU MUST REALLY SUCK BECAUSE IF YOU WERE ANYGOOD YOU COULD HEAR THE COMPLICATED BASS LINES IN SUCH SOGS AS "YOUR MAMA DON'T DANCE" AND "NOTHIN' BUT A GOOD TIME". ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LISTEN BUDDY. NOW VICTOR WOOTEN I GUESS CAN PLAY BUT ALL IT IS IS SLAPPING THE BASS AROUND, THERE'S NO REAL SMOOTH HARMONY IN THAT, AND HAVE YOU SEEN HIS TEETH?

CAPS FOREVER!!!!!!(NOW THAT'S SHOUTING)

18. All that falling over must hurt, but you don't need to shout about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.