Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Police may be smarter than you think

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jfsjbb, Sep 13, 2000.

1. jfsjbb

jfsjbb

Aug 29, 2000
    Some years ago we played an open air gig with a big band.

At 10:15 PM a police car came up behind the stage. We were just playing "Stormy Monday Blues" when one of the cops :cool: came out of the car, stepped up to me, touched my shoulder and asked:

"Are you in charge of the band, sir?"

I kept on playing and said "No, I'm just the bass player."

<B>"That makes you in charge of the band.</B> It's 10:15 right now. Noise limit is 10:00. We'll be back in a couple of minutes, and we'd appreciate the band to finish until then."

That was one cop :D with a profound knowledge of what's going on in a band!

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    He probably was a bass player....:)

3. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Right on! He knew what was up.

4. Player

Player

Dec 27, 1999
    USA Cincinnati, OH
    I think he just knew that it's dangerous to get too close to a drummer while he's playing and guitar players only listen to themself. ;)

5. Nice. I wish the cops were like that in my area. When we tried to cross an open field to get out of the way of some cars, a cop tried to have us arrested for Truency. Never mind that it is noon on a Saturday.....

Rock on
    Eric

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Probably a "sound man"....they like to control everything!....:D:D

7. are you feeling like a social tool without a use davyo?

8. That is soo true. And plus, its not like he could talk to the vocalist cause after all they (use poofter voice) Must look after their voice! hehehe

9. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    sounds like the cop was just being an *******. not calling bassists the leader. sorry.