Political Pay-off from Gollihur

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Mar 11, 2005.

1. I'd like to report an underhanded, ( as Don Z says concerning German Bass Bows) tasteless move by Bob Gollihur. I'd call this nothing less than a Political Pay-off!
    After talking up Bob's great $150 (or so) Brazilwood bows,
    (see ' Another Gollihur kudo 'under the Bows and Rosin' Forum heading) I suggested him sending me a little something for my time. In a post, he asks if i'm "still on Welch St.?" I, of course said " No Bob, I was just kidding...please don't do that. I did happen to mention something about him sending me a new 5 string bass to "take the place of that old one I have" as another poster put it.
    Well, I open my door this afternoon to find a box on my front porch from Gollihur Music. And inside? A coffee mug with the GollihurBASS logo on it and saying: Life is too short for bad tone., as well as one of them Gollihur BASS decals! :eyebrow:
    Can you believe this? No 5 stringer!! A mug and a decal!
    What nerve! To make matters worse, he includes a note saying: Find enclosed a five string bass mug.
    Of course i'm kidding....I had to let you guys know that we can all depend on Bob's great service and a little class once in a while to boot!
    Thanks Bob! :hyper:
  2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    You should see the back of my truck...I've got five of those bass stickers on there, and a fresh one in the glove box. I even had to cut one to fit around the license plate; "B" on the left, "ass" on the right.

Bob's the Man.
  3. Gufenov

Jun 8, 2003
    I've got one on each vehicle (of 2), but here in WI I keep getting asked where I get the BASS (as in fish) stickers. Go figure.
  4. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I 've got a sticker on the back of my saturn. I'm just afraid everyone will think i'm a fisherman...Not that there is anything wrong with that !
  5. I guess I should re-title this thread: Where do you put your Gollihur BASS stickers ?
  6. This is odd. I ordered just a mug and a decal from Bob and instead, he sends me a new 5 string bass. But what about my mug and sticker?
  7. Damn!.....Rob, he's gotten us mixed up!!
  8. You're welcome to cross the border and pick it up, but prying it out of my hands is gonna cost you about a year's worth of lessons and a lifetime's worth of advice!
  9. Yer a Sweetie Robbie! Say hi to Dave Young, if and when....
  10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I just love to see folks getting into the spirit of things here at TB... :)
  11. I certainly will! I'll be spending another week with Dave in August - he's simply amazing....
  12. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I actually had Bob send me just stickers once. He tried to sell me a bass but you know i just wasn't in the mood...

I put them on everything ...kids, wife, dog... actually i have a couple holding my exhaust system on...
  13. You too???? I have so many of those darned Gollihur stickers on my car that people naturally assume I'm into "bass fishing."

Clearly, I'm sending waaaaay too much money to New Jersey. Not that I'm complaining, though!
  14. Oh drat, someone above already made the fishing point! I really have to start reading these things from the top. It's funny how many do read it as "bass: the fish" though.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I get that too. I also send a bit too much money over the boarder;) But its all good.

I tried to get some lessons with Dave last year, but he was too busy at the time. Absolutely wonderful player. I ended up studying with Jim Vivian who is great as well.
  16. To anyone who has watched Dave Young play, make note of the length of his fingers. As he gets to higher positions, his fingers actually grow LONGER. It's true. We measured his fingers last summer and concluded they were as long as a NBA player's thigh.

Adrian, Dave will again be teaching at the Cammac camp this summer.
  17. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    Are the extras there so you can cut a new "B" :D should the old one fall off?
  18. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Nope, I'd just have to order a new bow, just to replace the sticker.
  19. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    You protest, but don't you sense the rich warmth of that low B when sipping your morning coffee?? :D
  20. Indeed.