Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poll !!!!! FUN FUN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liran, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Fender Jazz

56 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Rickenbacker 4003

22 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Stingray

48 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Warwick Thumb

34 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    CHOSE WISELY!!!!!!

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I like my P (that's P as in P-Bass, not P as in pee-pee).

3. hummm... i don't have any of those, but i'm looking into a warwick maybe, i just don't know yet.

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    STINGRAY OR JAZZ BASS?!?!?!

ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HEADS GOING TO EXPLOOOOOODE!!!!!

:eek:

5. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    I would not classify this as FUN FUN. No, I would call it FUN FUN FUN. Right.

6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    :( :confused: Where's the Sterling button? :confused: :(

7. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Not much of a selection here.

I choose "OTHER".

:)

8. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I think the guy just wants help deciding which bass to get.

A poll isn't a very good way to do that.

9. Skafreak - I am going to go with EString's assumption.. here is the typicall BS that you will hear about all of those instruments that I got when I did the very same thing. Which is not to say its helpful, but its mostly subjective...

The Rickenbacker is only good for rock and pop and isn't very versatile.. I disagree, but most people will say about that, they will also say that it is a very high quality instrument that has never compormised its intergrity as a company, and is very classy.

The Fender Jazz is usually regarded as the most versatile instrument, and while I agree I think I would have been happier with a used Rick.. which is my next goal for anyone who cares.. It is quite warm sounding, and most people will tell you get an MIM and upgrade the bejebus out of it.. and that MIA's are just overpriced, and while nice, more money then they're worth.

The Stingray is a damn good bass with a very "modern" sound whatever that means and is supposed to cut through very well. I've only ever played one once in a music shop where all I had to cut through was the BS the salesguy was slining my way.. No thanks, but people really seem to like them.

The Warwick I know absoultly nothign about except that Thumb is a damn silly name to give a bass guitar, and that people seem to enjoy them, i just think they're fugly.. I know it doesn't matter, but they seem to be pretty high quality (if they are neck through I am to understand)..

What should you come away from this poll with? a knowledge of a great acronym which I love EString for enlitening us about, FORSFYD, For Optimal Results, See for yourself, Dummy (Nothing personal, I am the same way, I need to ask lots of questions and I even had the same poll up a while ago. You can probably find it.. it was called "On the topic of buying a new bass" or soemthing like that...) But play one and find one that you really like, and if you find a really cheap Rickenbacker, even if you don't like it, buy it for me for all the help I've just given you! jk! LOL :D

10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well this is a strange little thread!!! I voted for the Jazz Bass - just 'cos!!!! I have already been pinged for having never tried one and voted this way in case this was a trick question!!!!

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, i guess i would hit the warwick or the stingray. voted for sting ray.But i personaly would get me a ibanez EDC!.......but no money.....alas.....

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Get the Thumb bass!

13. Take the RIC... Awesome bass!

14. None of the above - my Squier rules!!

(Though I do like Stringrays)

15. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    the best
    jazz bass
    rick 4001/4003
    spector NS5CR
    precision bass

16. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I would go with the Warwick, they are pretty bad. Really high quality too.

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

None of the above!

Besides, it's too objective.

If it were me, I would get the Stingray or the Jazz.

18. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Hey, skafreak, were you being sarcastic when you wrote the title?

BTW, i'm just a fender kinda guy. Like the sound, the feel, and the funkyness.

19. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Jazz bass.

To be specific...SADOWSKY jazz bass. :)

20. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.

Thread Status: