1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

POLL! Help with choosing a budget 210 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jonlimo, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Kustom Deep End 210H

22.2%
  2. Ashdown Toneman 210

22.2%
  3. You're crazy. Get a cab with different speaker config.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You're crazy. Don't consider either of these budget cabs.

44.4%
  5. <insert mandatory vegetable choice>

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jonlimo

jonlimo

Jul 20, 2015
    Singapore
    Greetings everybody!

I play 5 string basses and am planning on buying a kustom de300hd head. I'll probably be buying a budget 210 cab with it from thomann.

I'm looking at either the

1) Kustom Deep End 210H (matching cab)
    or
    2) Ashdown Toneman 210

Does anyone have any experience with the two cabs? I've checked past threads and found only a small handful comments for the Kustom 210.

Unfortunately no shops in my area stock either of these heads so i can't try them before buying.

I'll only be playing in small to medium-small indoor venues with a relatively controlled drummer so i'm thinking either one of the budget 210s should be enough to produce an acceptable low b (non boxy sounding) at those volumes.

I play a wide range genres, but mainly blues, indie and math rock.

Any advice/recommendations will be appreciated!

2. guitarrophobe

guitarrophobe

Mar 20, 2017
    I have an Ashdown Amp that is pretty crappy. So I'd advise against the Ashdown cab.

Maybe give the Ampeg 210av a try?

JimiLL likes this.
  3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fender Rumble 210 as your bass cabinet vegetable of choice.

AstroSonic likes this.
  4. jonlimo

jonlimo

Jul 20, 2015
    Singapore
    I'd love to have either the fender rumble or the ampeg, but they're twice the price of the budget cabs i mentioned from where i am and just over my budget range.

My budget is about 250usd tops. I don't have much in the way of used gear here too unfortunately.

5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    In that case, I'd just go with the matching Kustom 210. That way you'd have a matching rig, and if you didn't like it, it would be easier to sell on the used gear market.

HaphAsSard likes this.
  6. Buy something used. A Hartke 410 can be had easily for 250