Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poll: How much interest in a Sadowsky Metro with a P-pickup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mgmadian, Sep 11, 2005.

1. I'd like/love to see one with a P-body

43 vote(s)
    44.3%
  2. I'd like/love to see one with a J-body

32 vote(s)
    33.0%
  3. Not interested, the present offerings w/J + humbuckers cover my needs just fine, thank you!

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'd love to see Sadowsky Guitars introduce a Metro with a P-pickup. Personally, I'd prefer a P-body with PJ pups, but would also be happy with a J-body instead (and PJ pups).

Just curious if I'm alone here or if others share the same sentiment...

2. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    From what I understand, a PJ 4 & 5 is in the works.
    But, why not order a Metro 5 and get a P pick-up from Roger and the boys and have it dropped in?!?!
    WahLah!!! Instant Metro PJ 5!!!!!

3. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Very cool to hear... would love to get some confirmation on this, and understand the timing. I thought about the route of modifying a Metro 5, but from what I understand from a previous thread from JRBrown (?), the location of the pickguard and control plate (at least on an NYC model, which should be the same as Metro) would require the P-pickup to be shifted slightly from where it would otherwise be placed (stated another way: it's easy to drop a J pickup into a PJ Sadowsky, but you can't drop a P pickup into a JJ Sadowsky, unless you move the P to a different location, closer towards the neck).

Also... for a couple reasons, I'd prefer not to pick up a high-end bass and immediately modify it... better that the bass start out the way I'd like it to be to begin with. :D

4. I read or heard this somewhere as well. I do not remember whether it came from the shop or not. I have decided to wait for a Metro PJ 5 before I pickup another Sadowsky!! BUT I WILL get one!! I personally don't mind if it is a PJ on a Jazz body but I do think that the PJ on a P body is mighty sexy as well.... :cool:

Peace,

T

5. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I love my NYC P/J. The old school P sound just kills me every time I play - and I can get a more defined modern sound with a bit of blending of the bridge p/u for those situations where I need it.

I've been thinking about getting a metro to add a Jazz to my bag, but also, just as a backup. A P/J metro would make my decision very difficult!!! I can't get both.

I have decided. This board is dangerous. I must stop reading the bass board.

Must focus on my playing. Must focus on my musicality. Must focus on my...

mmmmmm, GAS!!!!

6. I just need to play some to see if those basses are for me...
    After what i'll tell you if a P Body and pups would be cool!

7. OHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!! A P/J metro, holy S$%T!!!! I have a 5 string Metro and it's my main bass, if they came out with a P/J 5 string Metro on a P body, I'd find a way to get it ASAP.

8. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    i just had dinner after playing my new ultra vintage metro for a few hours, man sadowskys just rock!!!!

i would love a pj 5 with a p body to compliment my 4 string slap machine!!!!

and may i just say the quality of the metro i have is just magnificent!!!!

9. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I've got a NYC PJ5 that I really like a lot. It does something that none of my other basses do. Roger makes a great product and I'm sure he would do well with a Metro P or PJ.

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah, thats what im takin bout :hyper:

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

A PJ Jazz 5 would be awesome. :bassist:

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ohhh yeah. P-bass all the way!

13. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    Frankfurt a.M. / Deutschland
    Endorsing Artist: AccuGroove
    Perfect !!!!!

And still NO Lefty-Version.........even it's made in Japan

that sucks !!!!! :mad: :scowl:

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'm about to sell my JJ Metro to pay for some dental work. :rolleyes:

My hope was that there would be a metro PJ available by the time I got the money together for another 5 string. I'll definitely pick one up. :hyper:

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd like to see a Metro P-bass. My two favorite basses combined. P-bass and Sadowsky.

16. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Endorsing Artist:
    I prefer hum cancelling J pickups... but hey...

17. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I ordered my RV5 before the ultra vintage basses came out. What I really want is a rosewood/ash ultra vintage 5 with PJ pickups on a jazz body.

I do love the RV5 with the JJ pups though.

18. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    P/J in a jazz body metro please!