Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hands5, Feb 7, 2003.

1. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    Obviously both of these are well made instruments that truly have there individual Sound/tone.Personally if my finances were right I think I would go with the MTD 535.IMO this bass has such a tight, warm,and fat musical tone to it that this would be a bass.That I would proably keep for sometime.However,the ken smith Anthony Jackson 6 string bass that I got for a steal (a guy was going away for a long vacation........so he sold it to me for a helluva price)was I think 1 of the better Ken smiths that were made but all and all he still makes good basses
  2. Yeah! Are you hiding some important info from us?! :mad:
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    mtd? but you really didn't ask, your sorta jus telling people what you think. woopy.
  4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Ken Smith BO's are better than the MTD's. I've never really played a neck through Smith yet. The MTD may be a little clearer though, I suppose it depends on what type of sound you're looking for. If your looking for the R&B sound, Smith, and clear sound, MTD. Both are are great though.
  5. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
  6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA

a poll usually includes a poll.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ya. uh.

8. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    While it could easily be mistaken as a freeby post, I am absolutely serious when I say . . .

9. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

MTD, MTD, and again MTD
  10. Well.. Where's the poll?

11. How 'bout this one..

(Poll Pfeiffer)[