1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

POLL: Squier Vintage Modified 70’s Jazz vs. G&L Tribute JB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BOOG, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Squier Vintage Modified 70’s Jazz

2. G&L Tribute JB

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Has anyone had experience with either or both of these bass’s? I am considering getting one. Thank you for any opinions and experiences.
    I played the Squier and the USA JB yesterday. I am not in a position to buy a USA edition of either model. Yes, I was impressed with the G&L regardless of the abysmal (lack of) setup. What surprised me was how nice the VM 70’s Jazz played and felt and looks.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Bueller?

3. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    The G&L will excel in build quality and consistency. Everything else is totally dependent on the player.

Add: I should mention I have previously owned a 70s VM Jazz Bass and for the past three years, an '89 G&L L-2000 (USA). Between the two, there is absolutely no competition. The G&L takes the cake. Again, your experience may differ.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Hotblack and BOOG like this.
  4. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I really was impressed with that VM! Looked good. Felt good. Sounded good. I like the thin c neck too.