Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poll: Stickers .....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freakapotamus9, Sep 24, 2001.

1. cool

62 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. stupid

118 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Carrot cake stickers rule!

56 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    ok, ive seen a ton of guitarists with stickers all over their guitars, but barely any bassists with stickers. what do you think about stickers? my guitarist told me that they were pure genious ... :rolleyes: yeah thats greg for ya.....

2. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I dont have them on my basses, because I like them too much. I might get a cheaper one and put some on though.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, I like my stickers more than I like my basses too. Where can I get some cheap stickers?[​IMG]

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I wouldnt put any stickers on my good bass. put a bio hazerd sticker on my kramer. but like a cheap crap sticker? no way.

5. heheh:p i love ambiguity.

6. stickers are mutilation imho.
    the holy instrument must stay clean and pure.

7. Most ppl put stickers on there and think "yeah what a cool idea", and this happened to my guitarist, he got bored, took them off polished up the guitar and it looks a million dollars.

Plus i can never find a good sticker

;)

Merls

8. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Stickers would only cover up the beautiful quilted wood tops of good basses.

9. well..imho the only people who put stickers on their bass are people who have a cheap-ass bass..

i would never (!) put any stickers on my J-bass... that's pure, uncensored blasphemy.. :(

10. No way man! Stickers look terrible. My bass is completely free of any type of identifying markings. Just shiny shiny black... now if only I could get rid of those freakin finger smudges!!
    Maybe if someone had a professional make a personalised sticker design, say a logo or symbol of their band or something like that, it might look good.

11. *** is going on with that poll?? 65535 people have voted for carrot cake stickers??
    Man, that carrot thing is really getting out of hand :D

12. I voted 'stupid'.

A couple of reasons:

1)I like to see basses in their natural state, whatever that may be.

2) I'm nearly 50 and am considered by most to be a boring old f*rt.

(Having said that I'm an old f*rt, I saw a Rock 'n' Roll band who's bassist played a DB painted flourescent green + loads of stickers. It looked great!)

John

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

14. I personally wouldn't cover my instrument in stickers.

unless I happened to feel like it one day, but you always end up taking stickers off of anything you stick them on' and you how much it sucks to remove that left over sticker residue.

But if you could find cool stickers maybe,but I would generaly say it is ugly.

15. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I put a one sticker on my J-bass. It simply says "Don't be a Dick". (I got it at a Raider game :D

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The FF and Static-X stickers are gone, replaced by a RATM sticker. There is a Shaft(;)) sticker next to the Yin Yang now, too.

17. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    i have an ibanez gsr 200 in red. i have a few stickers on it that have red white silver and black ONLY!!

18. ** pulls out the Tar & feathers

infidel ! :D

19. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I have 2 stickers on my Precision: (a good bass for stickers)

-A UFO sticker (UFO makes army issue parachuting pants, which are a main part of my wardrobe! :D )

-A sticker that says PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN that I made from a warning label and cemented onto my bass.

I think I have the perfect amount of stickers, and Im not gonna add any more. I am extremely proud of the cool stickers I have.

20. Who's the man with all the ladies?

SHAFT!

You damn right.

:D:D:D

EDIT: Notice how the Yin-Yang is being worn away by the bracelets on my picking hand:
    [​IMG]