Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poll: Which pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by reggaeman, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Lindy Fralin Single Coil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nordstrand NJ4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SD Antiquity II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Aero Type 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggaeman

reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Deciding on pickups is just not an easy decision to make. You just can't go down to the store and start listening to them. So I will call upon everyones opinion :)

I am looking to replace my Fender MIA stock pups with either Lindy Fralins, Nordstrand NJ4s, SD Antiquity IIs, or Aero Type 1. I am looking for deep bass that will come through clear and articulate... not boomie or muddy. Music style will be primarily reggae. The stock pickups are OK... but I feel that something is missing... they are definitley lacking bottom even with my large gauge flatwounds.

So with all that... Which would you chose? :help:

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I haven't tried the Nord NJ'4,s but have tried Carey's other J pickups which have all been excellent.
    I'd probably choose the Aero Type I's, closely followed by the SD Antiquities.

If you look in the pickups faq, there's a link to a thread of mine where I have clips of a bunch of J pickups including the Aeros and SD's.

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Word!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.