Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poll?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pkr2, Dec 5, 2002.

1. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    How do I create a poll?

Pkr2

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

No - don't do it - they're all just a waste of time and just clutter up the 'new posts' listings!!

And they never have the option you want or would have voted for anyway!! ;)

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yes, Bruce, we know.

Check the "Yes! Post a poll." square in the New Thread dialogue and select the number of options you want in it just below. When you press the submit button for the new thread, a new dialogue will show up where you can customize the poll.

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

O.K.

I can just as easily ask the question: How many of you guys have damaged your hearing ability by playing music?

I, personally, have developed a ringing in my ears that is enough to run me nuts. This in spite of the fact that most of my music has been comparatively low volume.

Pkr2

5. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Tnx, Oysterman.

Pkr2

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Pardon..Eh!!

Sorry - just wanted to be the first to get that in! ;)

I never noticed any hearing damage while I was playing in pop-/rock groups in my youth - even with thousand of watts of pa!!

But now playing Latin Jazz, in my forties, I find that the volume does have an effect - I tend to stand on the right of the drums and my left ear is really hurt by the cymbals - loud drummers!! It has started to give me a ringing in the ears when it's quiet, but nothing unbearable.

We talked about it in the group as most of us are "getting on a bit" and agreed that we ought to play quieter - but some insisted on wearing earplugs - the special ones that just attenuate certain frequencies but still alow you to hear.

I think that when you are younger you can take more punishment; but I was told by a sports physio that after 35 we start to decline physically and don't replace anything. :(