Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

polls are good!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Billdog, Mar 21, 2003.

1. 2x10 w/ horn

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. 1x12 w/horn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1x15 w/horn

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. 1x12 + 1x8 w/horn?

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. other(give me the brand of other)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Which cabinet is the best for uncolored sound reproduction from very high(harmonics) to very low(B string maybe lower?:eek: )? I'm a college kid on a budget, and I was thinking Avatar 2x10 or 1x12, but they aren't rated to go very low in their usable frequency(-3db) range. What should I do? I need an amp! I still don't have one! I want to be able to play everything, and I don't care for mud. Jamerson to Wooten and everything in between is what I like for tone. I don't like that midrangy rock thing. I want this to be the first of a modular setup with 2 cabs employing the same philosophy as an SWR triad, that is, you've got everything covered. 1x15 is as massive as I want to get.

p.s. I don't mind going used.

2. That would move more air, the 1x12 1x8 horn

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    if its the first of two cabs, you could start out w/ a 210, then maybe add a 115 later. Avatars are good.

You moght be able to get more for your money used.

4. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    is there such a thing? I've never seen one, and I don't have the money to custom build one or anything like that.

5. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    will bass cabs handle vocals well? If not, would PA woofers and speakers handle bass as well as cabinets?

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I like this suggestion, but I bet the new 2X12 kicks some tail.

7. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the help.