Pollys getting married!....tomorrow!.....wait,,,, OH MY GOD.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PollyBass, Mar 19, 2004.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, tomorrow it happens. I'm off to pack some stuff and head over to where we are getting married.

I got half the day off, and instead of going home and cleaning up, I'm sitting here on TalkBass.

My eye is twitching from nervousness, and will not stop. I have not had acne in years, and two days before the wedding, it's all over the forehead.

Jeez, I need to calm down, but this is not really the thing you want to calm down about. I see this bride walking down and tripping on a snag in the rug, falling down on her face, and cursing the day she saw me.

But other than that, Polly feels good.

(I'm marring her for her sake, I mean, RICE? what kind of a last name is RICE? :))

So, anyone else scared to death before their weddings?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I knew a kid named jon rice, he was diminutive to say the least, very very small. He was also dense as a brick. Soccer practice warmups "jon you have to run" *jon shuffles a little* "jon, that's not running, run!" *shuffles a little, inching his way forward with arms at his sides* "JON! RUN DAMNIT!" *shuffles a little faster*

I also knew a guy named dennis rice, he was the director of my high school, kind of loopy guy.

And his son Dylan rice, very cool indie garage band super rocker

so yeah...will they be throwing rice at you? :p
  3. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I was not nervous at all. But I did cry throughout the whole ceremony. :bawl: But they were tears of joy.

Don't worry man, everything will go smooth and it will be over before you know it. And BTW..Congratulations. May you have a long and wonderful marriage. :)
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    congrats polly, hang in there - this is only the beginning
  5. Enjoy the honey moon, if you catch my drift.

Man, I'm terrible.

Anyways, enjoy marriage. :bassist:
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ye gods! Does this mean a bunch of miniature Pollys running around in near future?

It's a shame to see a man spoiled so young.. But then again, you get the permission to be noisy whenever visiting the granny for a night.. G'luck anyways, mate! :cool:
  8. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life (with someone else wearing the pants LOL ;) )!

In all seriousness, congratulations! I know for me it was the best thing I ever did. I've been enjoying the married life for over 5 years now with no end in sight!
  9. Send some cake to 1210 Kennedy Blvd Bayonne NJ.
  10. You can't throw rice at weddings anymore. Birds would eat it, and then when the drank water, the rice would puff up, causing the birds to explode....so they use birdseed nowadays.

I was very dissapointed when I went to a wedding and the didn't use rice :D
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    GAH! I'm running out of oxygen here!

12. try not to make too many babies (IF YOU GET MY DRIFT!)
  13. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    It was the best thing I ever did.

My advice: Don't stop 'dating' your wife after you get married. Going out and having fun, working to 'win' your wife's love will keep the romance alive for both of you.

My wife and I got married four years ago and it still feels like our honeymoon.

Good luck!
  14. It's scary, because you're 192 days younger than me.
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Congrats dude....

Now you guys can do it without any moral biblical issues!

16. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Congrats Polly!!! I hope you are very happy and spend your lifetime in happiness with her. -Luke
  17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    And over a year younger than i am :eek:
    But, I hope it will work out fine!
    Congratulations and many happy years!!! :)
  18. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    That's terrible!
  19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Damn, you are like a year and a half older than me!

Well, if you are happy and so is she... go for it.

Remember that worrying doesnt do anything productive. Consider things and act, but dont sit around making yourself feel bad.

Im sure if you decided to propose, and she accepted (or the other way around) that you two must love each other dearly. If you love each other you should be able to live your new life together in harmony.

Dont forget that you are going to have to compromise.

20. I agree with *ToNeS*

:p Just kidding (I wonder if Tones is as well). I'm not going to say good luck...I'm going to say I saw her first! :spit:

I don't know, I had to say something....

Oh and maybe this will come in handy...;-)