Polytone Bass Amp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BlacksHole, Aug 9, 2002.

1. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I hadn't noticed that there were classified here before, so I listed this on ebay. But I will go ahead and mention it here as well. This item is a fairly rare Polyphone Pro bass amp. The amp is scratched from being in a rack and there is some wear and tear on the cabinet, but it is fully functional. It includes a single, lightweight speaker cabinet housing a 15" and 2x8" speakers. The amp head is a 3 space rackmountable unit that contains 2 separate amps each with their own preamp. Each preamp has bass, mid, treble, and volume as well as a bright-normal-dark switch. The amp can run in mono, stereo, and biamp modes. The crossover is selectable at 200, 400, and 800 Hz. There is an effects loop as well as a main out and individual preamp outs and power amp ins. This rig is very hifi sounding and is easy to transport. It is only 240 watts, so it is not extremely loud. If you use a low B string, I strongly recommend using the biamp setting as the 8" speakers do not respond well to loud low notes. This amp is very useful in small to medium clubs for rock, jazz, or country (I have 2 of them - I'm keeping the more scratched up one as I love this amp). It comes with a "user manual" which is really just a few sheets stapled together, but it has all the info. you need. I also added screws through the front grill panels as they can shake loose and rattle. Buyer to pay shipping. If interested, please contact me either via blackshole@hotmail.com or blackshole@yahoo.com.