Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

polytone cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kradje V., Jul 1, 2005.

1. Kradje V.

Kradje V.

Dec 4, 2004
    Hi, does anybody here know, or know someone who might know, what kind of 15" speaker Polytone used for their Mini-brute speaker cabinets?
    There's no sign of any type like mini-brute III or IV

A person ruined mine, guess I was too faithfull again. (Yeah, sure won't turn the amp up very loud...) What is it with musicians that never have their own gear and allways ruin speakers & amps of others?!?!?!?!?!?!
    But anyway when I screwed it loose I found no brand or other info on the speaker.
    Stank you smelly much for any reply's.

Kradje Vandenberg

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I had a pair of these and I don't know what they loaded them with. But if I was replacing them I would look for an efficient driver with about a 200W rating and basic construction. Something like an Eminence Beta would be a good place to start.

If you want to do it the scientific way you could get the internal measurements, calculate the internal volume, download a copy of something like WinISD Beta, and model your prospective drivers.

Nice cabs. Sorry to hear that you get worked over, I don't think it is a coincidence that some folks abuse gear but don't own much of it. :help:

3. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    It is a 3 ohm speaker, unique only to Polytone. The best thing to do is call Polytone or a dealer and order one.