1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Polytone Pro History Help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dr bonkers, Sep 11, 2017.

1. dr bonkers

dr bonkers Commercial User

Jul 4, 2016
    Paramus, NJ, USA
    Founder of Dr Bonkers Soundlab LLC, ir provider to audio modeler world
    I am hoping that someone here can help me with some history.

I have tracked down a Polytone Pro cabinet. The beast is 1X15 inch with 2X10 inch drivers.

What years were these made and who used them?

Info on Google seems to be non-existent save for a scant mention here and there or an occasional one popping up for sale. Not even any play-through videos of any semblance of quality seem to exist.

Unfortunately the web designer for polytoneamps.com was a little too enamored with Macromedia Flash so any history in those Flash movies that may have helped me seem to be lost to time when looking at the site using the internet wayback machine.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me, even personal experiences with such a cab.
    ba4zt01jmw2syjrsq2xrfzeky0.

2. dr bonkers

Jul 4, 2016
    Paramus, NJ, USA
    It sounds so good. Has anyone used one before?

3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Never seen one of those before, so the only insight -- or, really, "semi-informed conjecture" -- that I can offer is this: Since the logo looks conspicuously different from every other Polytone amp I've seen, and I started seeing them in 1978, my guess is that cabinet is from pre-1978.

Sorry, that's all I got.

dr bonkers likes this.
  4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    I was a Polytone user for many years and always wanted one of those. That should be a 15 and 2 -8's. The Pro series came with matching head and started in mid 80's I believe.

Here's a review of the Pro rig from I believe someone that's here on TalkBass:

Polytone Pro | ActiveBass

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    dr bonkers likes this.
  5. dr bonkers

Jul 4, 2016
    Paramus, NJ, USA
    Thanks so much! This is great.