1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

POLYTONE Sonic Bass II - Dual Channel, 36 lb. 1x15" combo - $450 shipped <PRICE DROP>

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jtlee, Oct 17, 2006.

1. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD!

You don't see these often used. The Polytone Sonic Bass II is a 140W 1x15" + dual tweeter combo that's only 36 lbs. Sounds fantastic with both electric and upright (I used my BSX EUB and various electrics with it). It's surprisingly loud for it's wattage/size and it's got a very flat/natural tone (but has TONS of voicings and EQ if you're a tweaker). Non-vented cab for tight, accurate bass response. Very similar in tone to my Acoustic Image Clarus but with way more powerful EQ.

This unit is in perfect working condition. Cosmetically, it's very good with just a few very light nicks & scuffs on the cab (I have detailed pics if you need them). Normally lists for $979, sells in stores for around $700. I'd like to get $450 shipped for it (Paypal is fine and I'll eat the fees).

SPECIFICATIONS:
    • 140 watts RMS
    • Preamp Signal Out
    • Tough black textured covering & steel mesh grill
    • Approximate weight 36lbs
    • 18.5"H x 17"W x 11.5"D
    • 2 totally independent channels
    • Sonic Network - featuring 3 different voicings.
    • Sonic Bass II is like having 3 separate amplifiers in one.
    • Heavy duty 15" speaker / 2 horns switchable on/off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Bumparooni

3. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price Drop and a bump

4. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Last Price Drop/Bump before I decide to keep it. :)
    Thought I had this sold twice, but both buyers opted out. Make me some offers people!!!

5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I don't see a handle. How do you carry it around down steps, for example.

6. glivanos

glivanos Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Philadelphia Area
    I think the handle is on the side.

7. IMHO - I don't think today's players respect Polytone. I still have a 25 year old minibrute III that I can't get a new speaker for (3 ohms), so I put a 4 ohm in it and will never be able to get all I need out of it. I'm OK with that, since the sound that comes out of it is wonderful...I just can't use it on a gig.

However, I saw one a minibrute III for sale at a Music Go Round round recently for $195...which meant they probably took it in for $100. There's no way I'd part with mine for $100 - or $195 for that matter.

But then again, there may be someone who will be absolutely thrilled with this one's possibilities and true jazz sound.

8. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes, the handle is on the side. The amp is superlight and portable.

9. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yeah, Polytone just doesn't have the cache that they used to. They've always been a "jazz thing", but I don't play jazz and this thing sounds great for small gigs or recording.

Thanks for the bump!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021