1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Polytune clip-on tuner question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cheddar, Sep 3, 2016.

1. I have one of these and I am wondering if it can be in bass mode and "supreme strobe" mode, which allows for with .02 cents accuracy. If anyone had one of these and can answer this question I would appreciate it. If it can do this, perhaps you can let me know how to set it for this. Thanks.

I did not find a forum category that seemed to fit my question, so I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong section.

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I have one and leave it in strobe mode. If it has a bass mode, I've never needed it.

3. carlis

carlis

Dec 28, 2005
    The best you can do is the Bass Strobe Mode. I doubt if .02 cent accuracy is even needed—you press on a fret and it's already several cents away.

4. I want to use it to intonate my bass, so the more accurate the better. What I am struggling with is how to get it into these various modes. I have the instructions and read them, but they don't make sense to me.

5. I figured it all out. Thanks for the replies.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021