poor man's eden wt-400?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by homestar, Dec 22, 2005.

1. homestar

Dec 9, 2005
    my friend tried a wt-400 and fell in love, however it seems like we missed the boat (when those were available for about $400 used...guess the word got out!)

he's looking for something with the same sound and specs, for cheap...used stuff of course. any suggestions?
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA

That's about it.
    sometimes you can score an old 500 or 600 for less than a 400.

Unfortunatly, if you want the eden sound and eq, guess what?............................ya gotta get an eden.
  3. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    It depends on what you mean by same sound and specs...you can find other amps that have the semi-parametric eq and enhance knob like the eden cheaper, like used swr or an a.m.p. if you can find one. but there really isn't anything the same size as the eden, with the same sound, and same controls, with the same amount of power, etc...
  4. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I fell in love too....I'm going for a wt-300 with minimal hesitation. I got to use it several times on different gigs and with two 12" cabs its on the edge of not enough, but ITS ENOUGH! I always play the same place and don't expect to have to play much louder. if I have to I'll use my RBI/Stewart :p

But the tone baby! THE TONE!!!!