poor wah on Morley PBA-2 ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tapabass, Sep 14, 2005.

1. tapabass

Aug 19, 2005
    I just bought , new , a Morley PBA-2 dual bass wah . On regular wah mode I only get effects on the G string . When I switch it to funk mode I pick up effects on the D string too .
    Seems like since it was made for bass I'd get more out of it . I'm wondering if I'd be better off with an envelope filter such as the DOD FX25 like Flea uses , any ideas on how I can get more out of the Morley ? Or go with an envelope filter ?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Where is the wah in your effects chain, how high is the volume on your bass and what kind of pickups? Active? How is your onboard EQ set?

The Morley's sweep is something that takes a bit to get used to, try moving your foot slower.
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I've found less bass and more mids the key to getting good results eq wise with the PBA2...also, I turn the level knob all the way up. As said previously, a slow motion works better than a quick stomp.
  4. tapabass

Aug 19, 2005
    I am running an american made jazz bass with an s-switch into a B4R , the wah is not in the effects loop , I ran it through the front like it is supposed to and it is by itself , all other effects are in the loop . I have the volume up and the dial pegged all the way . My EQ has the mids scooped , I'll try evening that out a bit more . Still I 'm disappointed that a pedal made for bass doesn't work on the bottom end . Morley must of paid big bucks for those reviews in bass magazines . I e-mailed them and haven't got a response back either . they answered quick when I asked questions before I bought it , now that I've bought it they don't have time for me , go figure.