Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pop junk polluting talkbass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slipknotty, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thank you everybody who repied to my last thread cos you were all realy helpful i wasent absolutly starting from scratch because i could play nirvana 'smells like teen spirt' and iron maiden 'run to the hills' but they are really really easy and i wanted to play some more advanced songs so i simply asked what does it all mean and where should i start??!! but now thanx to all you helpful people i now very basically understand whereto start because of the very great site of libster.
    anyway now to the point of this thread why the hell do you have tabs for gay bands like n'sync??!! i mean they dont even play insturuments they just get **** of a computer so why the hell are there tabs for it??!!:confused: :mad:
    i mean who would play the bass and be intrested in gay crap like them??!!
    i mean get some desent bands into your system darlings:D

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    JWC? Is that you?

3. who are you and who is JWC:confused:

4. If you would pay attention, you would note the disclaimer on the tab page stating that Talkbass is a mirror site for the bass tab archive. That means that the tabs do not originate here, and that Paul has merely provided access to the archive from the Talkbass site.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"The Colour Pink" is a well-known symbol of the Gay Pride movement in the UK and probably elsewhere - so I would have thought you would have appreciated some gay bands. How about Queen? :D

6. I KNOW THAT BUT WHY DOESNT HE JUST TAKE THEM DOWN I MEAN HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO KEEP THEM UP!:rolleyes:

7. You're pushing it.

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    why don't you contact him and ask?

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'm predicting the arrival of a big dude on a motorcycle with a chip in his head and metal arms, with a shotgun loaded with broken strings in his hand, to this thread very soon...

:eek:

10. what do you mean im pushing it what have i done wrong this time??!!:confused: :mad:

11. Ciaran

Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    Ireland
    Mike N's sig:
    :eek: :D ....i never noticed that before

maybe some people want to know how to play those songs...........although I don't know why.

12. As a huge fan of Justin and his boys, I am highly offended by this thread. There is no reason that n*sync and other such great groups, should not have a spot on high-quality sites such as this one.....

:D

SlipKnotty, while i agree with you, N*s**k is considered a good band, and they can have whatever they want up there. I agree totally, that since it is synthesized, it should not be considered music. But consider this. Someone created that synthesized line, and they may be very proud of it. Wouldnt you be proud if you wrote a piece of music caused thousands of girls to go absolutely crazy at the mere sound of it? So dont knock anybody elses music, because someone out there wrote it, and you didnt.

The Tab site is also a great place for beginners <b>such as yourself</b> to get tabs, so maybe we should just outlaw any site which has music you dont like on it?

Because that would eliminate every site on the internet.......

13. :mad:never <b>EVER</b> call me Darling!!!!!!!:mad:

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    troll zapper
    troll zapper
    troll zapper

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Next time you see someone like BSB or N'Sync on TV, watch their backup band, I can assuse you that the people backing those pop groups are astounding musicians.

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    somebody nudge dave, the record's stuck.

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    lol

my hypno messages dont work here... :(

18. :mad: phelma u r just a sad sorry case for a human and everybody else that 'goes crazy' over sad pathetic boy bands such as bsb and n'sync must be locked up and the key thrown away i mean what is the world coming to??!!
    yes i do know that there is such a thing as a back up band but its beond me why anybody would like to be in one when they could do a lot better as a band on there own, and not letting these so called 'bands' take advantage of them and paying them like £100 per million they recive I mean guys if u wanna do that fine but get ya brain checked first :cool: ;)

19. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Even the Three Billy Goats Gruff never had it this bad.:rolleyes:

20. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Can someone please interpret this guy's initial post for me? I couldn't understand it...whatever language that was, it certainly wasn't English.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.