Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pop my bubble, please!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by daofktr, Mar 6, 2006.

1. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    hey, all!
    please listen, if you would be so kind, to the first song of our upcoming CD.
    http://www.myspace.com/subvinyl
    (the song will automatically load and play, but if it doesn't, click on 'silhouette'.)
    so far, we've gotten 100% extremely positive response...of course any and all compliments are welcome, but i am also interested in any and all criticism.
    really...:D
    if you don't like the genre, that's okay...we can't fix that. otherwise, please fire away.
    the genre, speaking of which, is pretty much radio friendly rock.
    thank you all in advance!
    dixon

2. Sounds pretty good, really... BUT if I were in charge...

Silhoutte...
    More of the female singer, earlier in the song. The harmony with the male singer was fine but very static, a bit boring. When she gets going later on the song opens way up. Too bad the song didn't start with the middle first.

No flames, but I'd pitch correct her on a few of the high notes - I am a believer in Autotune, ignore me if you are not.

Those keys / organ thing in the chorus would be gone for sure, I found them distracting.

Swallow...
    No flames, but I'd pitch correct her on a few of the notes - I am a believer in Autotune, ignore me if you are not.

Could have certainly benefited from some harmonies.

Keep in mind this is all picky stuff, but you aksed.

Good luck!

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's pretty good. The lyrics/vocals are so so... but that's all part of the genre. Most pop lyrics give me a migrane. The tracks were put together well, not enough to hold my interest really... but you said it yourself... "radio friendly." People don't want to become distracted from the melody. :meh:

All in all, not bad though.

4. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    Its a pretty decent effort for a pop rock radio friendly track :D

The song is catchy enough.
    I think the vocals could be a bit more inspiring at the beggining which would improve the song, what i mean is give the song some energy before you get to the part where the band starts to play heavier. The lay out of the song is like a lull-heavy-lull style (if that makes sense) but it is a bit plain untill about the middle.

other than that, keep it up..

Thats my 0.02c AUD

5. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    thank you, all!
    i will pass along the kind critiques to the songwriter...when i think he can handle it...:D
    dixon