1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

pop sound when using my Big Muff PI pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ics1974, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    I did a search and found that with some true bypass pedal you may hear a pop when you first trun on your TB pedal. Well mine never pops when I first turn it on but sometimes will do a single pop several minutes after being turned on. Any ideas why?

2. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Yup. The switch (I think) retains some of the current. That's why if you step on it several times in a row, it'll stop making the pop after a few clicks.

3. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Thats one of the reasons I got rid of one of my favorite tube OD pedals...it was true bypass and when I turned it off, it popped big time. Enough to make me worry about blowing a speaker. And I tried the turn it on/off a bunch of times to flush it out and it never worked (for me)

4. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    sold mine for that reason....

5. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    but again mine does not pop when turning on and off. It only pops several minutes after being turned on. I am not sure this is the same thing. Also the pop is not loud at all but almost like a static pop.