pop up potentiometers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jisch, Aug 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I know this was discussed in a @mapleglo thread when she was looking to hide controls, I searched and can't find it. I'm in the same position with the bass I'm working on now - does anyone have a source for pots that pop up when pushed? I searched at Mouser, but didn't find anything.

Thanks

2. Jisch likes this.
  3. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009
    David Jayne likes this.
  4. Push/push pots are typically junk! Why not stick with the usual push/pull style, which is more robust, and very easy to source?

Rich Fiscus likes this.
  5. Because they won't work as the OP intends. He wants them to hide flush when not in use.

6. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

FWIW I've yet to see a push-push pot in a catalog that didn't stick up a little above the surface (about 1/8") even when locked in the down position. They don't really sit completely flush.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021