Poppa wants a brand new bag!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Deechord, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Deechord

Deechord

Jan 1, 2013
    Lebanon, TN
    I'm thinking either Mono M80 or Vertigo, iGig 515 or Blues Reunion Continental. Which one? :confused:

2. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    all of the above would do fine

3. TalkBass Sponsor

4. Wallace320

Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Mono is sweet...

Even too much for me ah? I'm tellin' you... But if you're lookin' for the best, I don't really think there are better gigbags out there

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    The Veritgo wasn't out when I bought my Mono, but I have an M80 (actually two, a single and a dual). I passed on the iGig and the Reunion Blues because of weight. They both weigh quite a bit more than the M80.

On the flip side, they both have considerably more room storage room than the M80. There's also some truth to the Reunion Blues video where they they throw a guitar in one of their Continentals off a 4 story building. When I asked my instructor about bags, he had nothing but good to say about his RU Continental and did his own "test". He put his prized custom six string in his Continental and threw it across the store where I take lessons. It bounced around and hit the front window and it was just fine when he took it out. *I'D* never do that to even my crappiest bass, but he has enough faith in it to show me how much HE trusts the bag.

That being said, I do think my M80 is very well padded. And, even though the front pocket is small compared to the front pockets in the others, I can still fit my MB500 head in it with a cable. I'm very happy with the bag. It's VERY light weight, holds what I need inside, and provides very good protection.

6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Shouldn't this be in the Misc section? I posted a similar thread just yesterday, and it was promptly moved. Just Sayin'

7. Love my M80. There are bags with a bit more room, but everything I need fits. Pens, pencils, eraser, scratchpad, flashlight, energy bars, and bandaids in the top pocket. Two cables, music, stand light, tuner, and mini tool kit in the lower. I also have a guitar Tick for when I take my PT Mini board. It attaches quite nicely to the neck of the case.

M80 on my back, Amp Three in one hand, coffee in the other, and I'm good to go...

8. Liv3rman

Liv3rman

Dec 28, 2012
    Get a hard case. :)

9. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Looks like we already got one right here...

:)

10. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Ive got the M80, its pricey but man is it well made, its a soft bag but its very stiff and holds its shape, the inside is plush lined and it hada neck support sustem that keeps the bass from moving around as much.

11. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    What are you looking to carry in it? That would be the biggest deciding factor for me.

I've got a Vertigo, an M80 double, and a Sadowsky Portabag. They are all great, but each one does excel in different areas.

Mono = Lightest
    Veritgo = Least amount of storage
    Portobag = Most storage, heaviest, backpack system not as good as Mono

12. Deechord

Deechord

Jan 1, 2013
    Lebanon, TN
    I don't gig...so I just need a bag for storage and transport to friends house for impromptu jam sessions. I have been leaning towards the M80. Then I saw where they came out this the Vertigo. So I think it may come down to either of those.

13. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    IMO, the Vertigo was a solution looking for a problem.

I have the M80, and at the 130 bucks new I paid (on Amazon a few months ago)...I couldn't pass it up. Everything I need in a "hybrid" case, and as said, the backpack feature is great. I got the "tick" to clip onto the front recently, and it adds value to the equation (I got both for under the price of the M80 alone new.)