1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Popping, Thumping, Warbling - She Canna Take Much More Of This, Captain!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigpig, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I disclose nothing
    or get this ...

jae-76_sunnstacks.jpg

2. Bigpig

Bigpig

Oct 9, 2015
    As it turns out, it looks like it's the house wiring (not surprised - mostly relieved!).

I took everything (amp and cables and effects unit and same power strip) to another location - a house built in the 1970s rather than the 1920s - plugged in and played and no issues whatsoever. Even the "warble" I described went away.

So, I'm using my practice amp instead, though oddly enough, no honking or speaker-popping with it. I wonder if it's the relative power draw of the two amps (the practice amp is a little 15-watt Fender Rumble) . . .

Anyway, mystery resolved, if not solved, and I don't have to buy a new main amp.

Thanks for everybody's feedback and suggestions!

beans-on-toast likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021