1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Popping tone hammer.. help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cheshirepig, Mar 31, 2009.

1. cheshirepig

cheshirepig

May 14, 2008
    Cincinnai, OH
    Hey all, my newish (a couple months) tonehammer pedal is popping when i hit a footswitch, making it basically unusable. I havent messed with its insides or anything, and it is using batteries. What do i do?

2. cheshirepig

cheshirepig

May 14, 2008
    Cincinnai, OH
    also i emailed aguilar about it a few days ago, but they haven't responded. so.. its up to tb.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Maybe you could mod it for false bypass? :ninja:

4. cheshirepig

cheshirepig

May 14, 2008
    Cincinnai, OH
    is there no standard reason for this? like, something needs cleaning or something? it seems like modding it would be kind of extreme to get it to where it was when it began life.

5. Kevin Wilson

Kevin Wilson Commercial User

Feb 2, 2008
    Guilford, In.
    Owner, Wilson Effects LLC
    There are 2 types of true bypass one is ungrounded and one grounded. The grounded is a little more desirable and a tad quieter.
    Some sources of the problem could be the led popping when you engage the switch or the popping could be coming from the actual circuit itself. In these instances a pulldown resistor on the input and possibly the output too can often eliminate the popping.