Pops Failer

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by seanlee747, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Elementry school (P-5th)

14 vote(s)
  2. Middle school 6-8th

21 vote(s)
  3. High school 9-12

24 vote(s)
  4. Colage or after 12th

30 vote(s)
  1. After my rosen melted (ran) to one side of the container (still in one pece) i tried to Nuke it in the Microwave.... Long story short, the rosen colapsed on it self transforming from a "fluffy" amber-candy like substance to a small dark hard (to rosens standerds) pece of junk... now it is a guuy thing that colects dust. it canot be aplyed to the bow, it just dosen't stick... what created this?? is their a solution

Sorry about my spelling :p

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I think the microwaves cooked all the "juice" out of that stuff, rendering it a hard, useless mass of uselessness. My suggestion to you is to buy a new container of rosin and keep it out of the microwave.
  3. Thanks for the Info, ive got to say, that was a realy, realy fast responce, almost instently (in 12 min) thanks...
  4. Now that i no not to cook the guts out of the Rosen... wats the proper way to safly microwave and or mix the rosen?
  5. mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Put it in a paper cup and cook it for SHORT periods of time- like 10 seconds at a crack. Watch it. When it starts to liquify cut to 5 seconds. When the whole thing sags in the cup, it's done.

(I had some Pops that had gotten crystallized so I gave it a few few short turns in the microwave, and it's usable again. )
  6. The Microwave tips should help, but now i am in Micowave-Rosen Trama.... Ill stay away from it and wait till i get beter, i tried to nuke my Cristlized Rosen but it did not seem to help, i bought a new cake anyway, thanks for the tips...
  7. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    Leave it in the car on a warm summer day.
  8. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Why would you want to mix rosin? Just buy the grade you want.

Toss the Pops there are much better rosins out there.

Rosin does go bad after a while, I don't think there have ever been a cake of rosin to last untill it was all gone, it has either been stolen, droped or turned to rock.

Rosin is cheap

9. kontri

kontri Guest

Oct 5, 2002
    Here's a good recipe.

1 rosin (800 watts for 3. min. in microw.)
    2 eggs
    1 E-string boiled

stir everything together on low heat.

Thanks dudes for the inspiration
  10. Personally...I would recommend ditching the pops and picking up some Nymans at www.lemurmusic.com