Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Porcupine Tree

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hevydevy, Apr 1, 2005.

1. hevydevy

hevydevy

Feb 3, 2005
    Derby, UK
    Went to see them live last night, awesome stuff! Colin Edwin is one of my favourite bassists, and he rocks the Stingray! :bassist:
    Anyone else like 'em? Heard the new album yet? They played a few new ones last night, sounding very good!

2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I downloaded the new album because I'm an impatient twit and Deadwing doesn't come out in America for a while. However, when I saw Porcupine Tree, Edwin he was playing a Wal fretless live

3. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    He rocks very much so. :bassist:

I love his DB playing. I need to pick up more PT cd's though most of the older ones are hard to come by. I'll definately get the new cd when it comes to the states. One of my favorite basslines is Hatesong. Damn him and his detuned fretless wals!!!

P.S.

He uses a stingray now? Hmm.. I allways thought he he used that really nice fretless wal. I'm having a hard time picturing the songs with a stingray..

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Amazing amazing band.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I bought the album "The Sky Moves Sideways" and was very impressed - nice production, playing and interesting "Floydish" tunes.

So, when they came to Brighton at about that time, I went along and it was one of the most truly awful gigs I have ever been to - horrible sound, endless boring guitar solos and I found the singer/guitarist to be one of the most obnoxious, self-obsessed characters, I've ever witnessed on a stage...:meh:

I still like that album - but I tend to put it down to Richard Barbieri's influence....