1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Porcupine Tree

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by dragon5363, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Well, I've been really getting into PT a lot lately. I'm listening mostly to Lightbulb Sun, Deadwing, and Fear of a Blank Planet. Anyways, the song i've been digging on mostly is 'Hatesong', off Lightbulb Sun. Ive looked everywhere for sheet music, tabs, and many fruitless google searches later, i have no results. Does anyone know of any transcriptions of this tune? Anyone dare to try? And if you haven't heard this track, do yourself a favor and buy the album. So now that I've got that off my chest, anyone have anything to add about this band?

Rev. Cornelius and Spidey2112 like this.
  2. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Almost 11 years later, and "Fear Of A Blank Planet" is still relevant... well, at least to me. Part of my homework for a prog rock project I'm involved in... I know the OP hasn't been on since '08. I just think it's cool the way music affects our lives then, as it does now. Take for example the OP's statement, again made almost 11 years ago...

"Well, I've been really getting into PT (Porcupine Tree) a lot lately." I've never even heard of them, nor Steven Wilson, before engaging in this opportunity... but, more than a decade later, I too can relate to what the OP had originally said.

I'm not expecting anyone to respond to this... other than my post, you can plainly see his thread was totally ignored. Not that 'Likes' are that important, but the OP was able to last over two years as a member... with zero 'Likes'... 160 messages, with zero 'Likes'...

Fear... of a blank planet, indeed...

Aprezioso and Rev. Cornelius like this.