Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

portable 2 channel mixer?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dunamis, Feb 26, 2006.

1. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I'm looking for a simple device (or least it seems like it should be to me:) ) but can't seem to google it up.

* 2 xlr, line level inputs
    * 1 xlr, line level output
    * ability to mix or blend the two input signals down to the one output (either a control for each channel or, even better IMO, one blend control)
    * passive operation-- I don't need impedance matching or gain

I've found a lot of devices (ART, Rolls, Azden, etc) that aren't xlr, or are xlr but only at mic level.

Does anyone know of a small device that'll do this? I know a small mixer (like maybe a Tapco) would work, but I'm hoping to find something simpler and more compact.

Thanks,

Matt

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Shure makes a half rack unit that would work. But I think you want the Rolls MX54S. I don't think you can mix balanced signals with a passive mixer; I'm not sure why, but I've never seen it done.
    HTH!

3. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Bongo,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Yeah, I looked at those two as well. I think they're for lo Z inputs only though.

Peace,

Matt

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    What about the line level version of this?

5. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Thanks!

I was looking for something that allows fade (or just a level control on eahc channel of the thing) but I *could* use this and set the levels independently.

Peace,

M