Portable amp setup for 100-150 person room

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christopher, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    To add to the recent rash of "ultimate portable rig" posts, I'd like some suggestions as to what type of setup would work in a 100+ person room (approx. 700 sq. ft.) with an amped acoustic guitar, amped electric guitar, drums and keys. Jokerny's EA350/Bergantino 112 rig looks like it might fit the bill. Any other (ie. cheaper, lighter) suggestions? Would a Nemesis 210 combo work in that environment?
  2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Nemesis 210 would be very cool-
    Your shopping cart could also contain:
    SWR Workingman 12 or 15
    G-K 400RB 2x10 or 15
    Peavy or Ampeg in the $$ range you wanna spend-

If you want a high-dollar head/speaker like 'JokeNY
    very excellent system, there are other options as well-
    Only two things matter- Your $$ limit,
    and what YOU like- gotta play 'em!!:D
  3. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Fender Bassman 400 2x10
    Eden Nemisis 2x10
    Carvin Red Eye 2x10
  4. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    My current portable rig is an Eden WT-300 (carried in a laptop bag) and a Carvin MP210T (a tilt-back version of their regular 210 cab).

I made a set of metal brackets that hold the head on when it's tilted back for small stages...just 1" metal bars with a 1" bent section on each end...plus rubber cushions on the back end and some black tape on the front end to hide them and protect the carpet better.

This rig has covered all the small/medium rooms in my 4-piece blues band...possible to do the proverbial one-trip loading if I just use the cords stashed in the laptop case. I also carry a 6" chunk of computer wrist-rest material to cut down vibration from the cab to the amp.

I you find these used, it's fairly affordable. I'd used a GK 400RB before that with this cab, but the Eden has more punch and focus.