Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Portable Headphones

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Samurai, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    I am looking for headphones that I can carry with me all the time, but I don’t like ear buds. My dilemma is that I am running out of room around my body, I have Nintendo DS in my left pocket, wallet in my right, ipod/ cell phone/ keys on my belt, and don’t like stuff in my back pockets. Any suggestions?

2. wrap around the head-phones. They are awesome, and when you don't listen to them, you can put them around your neck! just make sure they have a fairly long cord.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea, the newer sony "ear" wrap arounds are great. they're comfortable, cause they dont quite intrude into your ears like the buds, but are secure due to the ear wrap around.

[​IMG]

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    This is the only really manly option:

[​IMG]

Get a purse or messenger bag. Ive been carrying one around for close to a year now and I dont worry about how much I carry around anymore. I usually carry my wallet, iPod, headphones, deck of cards, cell phone, pocket knife, digital camera, pens and pencils, my band's stickers or flyers, lighters, notepad, and whatever else I need at the momment.

It serves as a bookbag and gig stuff bag that I toss my cables, extra strings, stap and stuff into, and an all around helpful carry thing I can toss DVDs or CDs into if Im taking stuff with me to a friends place.

Its a bit overkill if you drive, but if you walk or take the bus everywhere its really the shiznit.

If you must protect your masculitnity put little known but excedingly heavy band's pins on it.

Im blabbing again. WOOOOOO!

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This thread is great. I am buying an MP3 player for my son tomorrow night, and he doesn't like the headphones. I wondered to myself, "hmmm....where can I get some ideas on headphones?".

I come to TB to look for an amp, and BAM!! Heres a thread about headphones.

-Mike

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    [​IMG]

brad cook

7. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    That Batman picture is how I feel, but I love it that way.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Samurai,

If you're really putting a lot of things on your belt then you should look into getting something like this. They can be a bit pricey but you will recoup the cost in that they will last for many years and they're much better for supporting something slightly heavy that you might have on your belt. They are much stiffer and more durable than any belt you will find in any clothing store. I have a black cowhide being made right now and I already have a similar one from another company but not quite as good as those. If you wear things on your belt the difference a good belt like this makes is incredible. I've only had cowhide but I've heard that the elephant belts will literaly last a lifetime.

Ok now back to posts that don't sound like they were written by some kind of belt geek. :scowl:

brad cook

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

HAHAHA!!! You're a belt geek!

First we had Gaylord Focker = male nurse...now we have Brad Cook = belt geek.

-Mike

10. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    If you want advice on headphones, go to Head-Fi if you dare. Some of those people are nuts, spending $1000+ on a headphone amp alone. But you'll definately find what you're looking for.

MJ, how much are you willing to spend, and what kind of headphones does your son want? There's thousands of options out there...

11. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    I have an awesome black and white checkered leather belt that I always wear. You are absolutely right, great belts make life wonderful.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

I'm thinking $30-35 max. He wants the ones that wrap around your head so he can wear them while snowboarding. Ear buds are not an option. Like me, he doesn't like things poking inside his ears.

-Mike

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No belt wearer can be complete without his Utilikilt!

Utilikilt

-Mike

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't see it. I'm a belt wearer. Now I feel incomplete but I don't know why.

brad cook

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry Brad....here you go:

Attached Files:

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is the skirt part of it? I ain't wearin' no skirt, hannibal.

brad cook

17. Whatchu' talkin' 'bout sucka?

Yo mouth's movin' but all I hear is a bunch of Jibba Jabba!

Now drink your milk!
    [​IMG]

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It's not a skirt bro....it's a kilt. I actually tried one on since they are made not far from me. I would never wear one, but they are comfortable. If you notice, the guy in the picture has a cool "belt-geek" kind of belt on. So, I figured if you are going to wear a geeky belt, then you need a utilikilt too. :D

-Mike