1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Portable multi-effects for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lebjos, Aug 8, 2018.

1. lebjos

lebjos

Apr 5, 2013
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a portable multi-effects 'pedal' for bass. So far I've managed to find none, they are all for guitar. Here's what I've found:

Mooer Pogo (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00INYZVGI/ref=ox_sc_act_image_5?smid=A1CMY6U0V9ZUW&psc=1)

Behringer FX600 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RVWY42/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1)

ammoon PockRock (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N4OO1ZQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3MT6BL1A0085S&psc=1)

Line 6 Pocket POD (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RN53LQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_7?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1)

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? How do they work for bass?

Many thanks

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Look again; Zoom, Boss, Vox, Digitech and Tech21 all make bass guitar-specific multi-effect units from about $50 U.S. to over $300. Search for "Bass multi-effect pedal".

3. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    This...

ObsessiveArcher likes this.
  4. I think the smallest form factor is the zoom ms-60b.

gregmon79, TheReceder and Nunovsky like this.
  5. lebjos

lebjos

Apr 5, 2013
    No, I don't want any of them.

I've had a few Zoom B2 units in the past, they were ok but too big for my purposes.

I want something I can carry around in my pocket or the front of my gig bag, and where the batteries last multiple uses

6. filmtex

filmtex

May 29, 2011
    Agosix likes this.
  7. Zoom MS60B if you can find anything smaller, that can do 4 effects this quality or better that will run on a couple of AA batteries this size I want to know about it.

8. lebjos

lebjos

Apr 5, 2013
    Far too big for me. The MS60B looks like a decent choice though

noahw1 likes this.
  9. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Zoom have come a very long way since the B2, as posted above, check out the MS60B

10. lebjos

lebjos

Apr 5, 2013
    Yeah the B2 units weren't very good and always ended up breaking. I think I'd rather stick to Zoom over Behringer or one of those other random makes

11. I find the Zoom B2 and B2.1u to be pretty bullet proof mine have been though hell and back and still going strong. How did you break them? Run over them with a bull dozer?

Les Fret likes this.
  12. It's not on your list, but there is an extensive thread here on the Zoom B3n, which I have and I love.

New: Zoom B3n Multi-Effects

13. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    I agree with bassbrad. The MS-60 B is a great option for you. Make sure you download the update for the effects and you'll have more than you can use. Mine runs 6-8 hours on Eneloop rechargeable batteries and it also comes with an AC adapter. It's about the size of a standard Boss pedal. I found a small camera case which it fits in nicely along with the adapter and spare pair of batteries.

14. Nice pedal, but battery life is pretty short.
    I used one for busking, together with a battery operated amplifier and I went through packs of batteries to power that thing. Good sounds 'though.

15. lebjos

lebjos

Apr 5, 2013
    Does the Zoom MS-60B have a drum machine?

16. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Rechargeable batteries

17. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Have you thought about using your phone? With something like an iRig HD (powered off the phone) and headphones and your good to go.

gregmon79 likes this.
  18. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
  19. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Korg's pandora series have bass specific effects and models in them.

But I concur with the zoom MS60b sentiments. About the same size as that behringer stompbox the OP linked it and far superior.

20. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
    MS60b has all the multi-purpose portability you could ever need, my friend