1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Portland, OR: Any interest in another GTG?

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by BartmanPDX, Mar 3, 2008.

1. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Howdy folks.

Eric (arbitrary) will be moving to Beantown in a couple months, and I thought it might be nice to have a GTG before he leaves, so we can gang up on him and take his sweet gear. :p

Dibs on the Read. :D

Venues? Dates? Anyone interested?

I don't have much in the way of new gear other than my pimped Squier VM Jazz, and a Summit TD-100 that should arrive this week, but I can bring anything people care to try out.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Sure, why not? I liked the school in SE Portland we used two GTGs ago, but doing another one out here is always an option as well.

I should have a couple more DIY cabs done by then. Not sure what I'm going to build after I get those done...maybe some overdrive pedals or something like that.

3. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    I would severely love to come to one... Sometimes weekends are tough cause that is when I have my kids, but you guys keep scheduling 'em, and I will keep trying... lol... Maybe I will have my new Birdsong for the next one...

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'll try a little harder to make it to the next one. I'm unemployed right now, so scheduling is easy- but that may change on a moment's notice.

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'd definitely like to come to another one.

6. Tanglehead

Tanglehead

Nov 27, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    keep me posted.

Since it would be my first time, I've got lots of 'new' gear to bring along for the ride.

let me know.

tanglehead

(brian casey)

7. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    I'm game again. As long as it doesn't involve ice storms in the Gorge:bag:

I had 12th fret do a nice set up and some mods to the Warmoth fretless. Also have a Fender Deluxe J V that I had them put some Chrome flats on that I got since the last GTG I attended. (but I know most of you guys aren't stock Fender fans like I am):crying:

I'm feeling some bad Rob Allen GAS so would appreciate any the Rob Allen owners bring there's for me to try. Also, as usual would try to pick Charlie's big brain about all things amplification.

8. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I am new to TB, but I am in Tigard and would enjoy coming to a GTG and meet some of the other bassists around. I am not anything special and dont have any amazing basses, but would still like the meet-n-greet.

9. I'd love to make the trek again :)

No new basses since the last time, but I've got a Read Purity that would love some attention (I don't have a rig for it yet...), and my new Acoustic Image Coda 2R combo :D

10. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    I just mixed an upright player the other night who was using one of those AI combos. It was an 8 piece band in the same club we had the two GTGs in out here in the Gorge (the legal capacity is 300). I barely had to put him in the house mix at all, and it sounded great...unreal!:cool:

11. Sweet! It really is a fantastic amp. I love seeing people's faces when I tell them that it's a 400W amp :D

It just sounds great all around, and its really easy to carry around. I've been walking around with my bass over my shoulder, amp in one hand, and my coffee in the other :smug:

I've been using it for my Reefer Madness gig too, so you'll get to hear it there :bassist:

Hey, is that Epifani cab in a million pieces yet? ;)

12. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    LOL...I sold it last week to a friend who now has one of my old gigs, which was also one of Mal's old gigs after I had it. Man, it sounded great too with his old aluminium Kramer and a GK head. Nice...one more killer rig I can go sit in on locally without hauling my own stuff!:p

13. Hah, cool. I still think there's an Epifani UL410 somewhere in my future, for the 'big rig' :eek:

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Yeah, I'd love to hear that AI combo. Some day I want to get a really nice small rig for my living room.

What I'd really like though is a small tube head that looks like something out of Mr. Science (with the tubes on top, maybe like the head from a B-15), on top of a killer modern 112 or 210. Kind of old school meets new school. :D

15. I'm kinda new, I'd like to be in. I'm rolling mostly with junk, but I'll bring it all anyway!

16. I dunno about venues down there, but that School in Portland was cool. Might be nice to have it someplace where there are at least a couple seperate rooms we can use. Try and seperate the noise a little bit :p

Dates...best for me in the next couple months would be any Sunday (except March 16th). March 29th is the only Saturday I've got open, with my current gig doing a double show every Sat until then :bassist:

Maybe I'll bring my laptop this time and we can record some of the madness :D

17. One more vote yes. I'd LOVE to join in.
    --p

18. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    I'm up for another GTG, I could use some schooling. And the tavern at Hood River was a great location, thanks Charlie!

19. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Well we have until July to have this GTG on my account, so no rush. I don't think we'd be able to use that specific classroom again, since Kerri isn't using that room any longer, and her current room is much smaller. The only bet for the school is their gym. It's huge, but it sounds like a gym. :(

The only new things I'd be bringing are some new effects and a Markbass F1.

20. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Dude - you're going to have to get that pedal board it's own apartment :eek:

I'm in - I have a week out of here sometime later in April other than that I'm out and about. oh and Cirque tickets for March 29 ...