1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by MaddAnthony_59, Sep 12, 2014.

1. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

Great news @MaddAnthony_59 hope the scum rots somewhere!!!!! Glad the mystery is resolved and applaud your persistence with this...... One less scum to worry about in this world.

Btw, a fellow TB'er that dealt with him locally told me he was a real douche when he was confronted about undisclosed issues with the item.....I'm so glad he will be getting what he deserves.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    MaddAnthony_59 likes this.
  2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yeah, I drove down nearly 4 hours and bought a Status bass from this guy in Portland face to face deal.
    Turned out he sold me a modded bass, and didnt offer any comp, or drive to meet halfway. He was a real douche and blamed me for 'knowing too much about basses'!
    He's about 50-ish (graying), cucasian,
    and I met him at McDonalds, where he
    claimed he worked as their bookkeeper for two McD's at I-205/Portland and Clackamas.

MaddAnthony_59 and kulit17 like this.
  3. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    time to see if Warwick can bring some love to get rid of that scar!

4. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

Pendulous and spaz21387 like this.
  5. SaxBass

SaxBass Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2003
    San Diego
    Been following this thread. I worked in psychology in a former life, so what people do doesn't shock me... but it still does. Just amazing what this guy did. Please post any updates when you have them!

6. kulit17

jebmd, RBJ11 and JLY like this.
  7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    WOW!

8. kulit17

much better!!!

jailbird.jpg

9. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Guys like you make this an awesome place

I hope they don't request it back but if they do, I hope they first give you a very nice option to keep it. Your action probably prevented further claims by this guy and hopefully will give others with the same mindset to think twice

Well done Sir

I would have no concerns about working a deal with you in the future if the opportunity arose

GKon likes this.
  10. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Wheels are moving slowly. I have a Police Report made. In INDIANA! Now I need one from NC. After that it is up to Portland PD & UPS to prosecute Dave Walker. But there are 3 or 4 News Stations considering an Ambush Interview with him once we have police reports and give them more details. I'd LOVE to post That Video here!

Pendulous, bass10bfb and GKon like this.
  11. /\/\3phist0

Well if this helps i had an interaction with him, his phone # is posted in this post (i talked to him too, sketchy) SOLD - Mesa Titan v12 and 2 2x12 cabs blow out deal

GKon likes this.
  12. /\/\3phist0

13. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I just bought two boxes of popcorn in anticipation of the show!!!!!!

14. kulit17

Funny thing @/\/\3phesit0, since he is banned from TB, I don't think he can edit any of his previous posts to delete, so all he can do is watch and wait.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  15. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder if he has seen this?
    If you are/ all things come around!

kulit17 likes this.
  16. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Wow, what a loser :rollno: . TB rules!

Subb'd

17. /\/\3phist0

hence the reason for posting the links to where he published his contact info. I used to be a skip trace researcher. :)
    and he has lots more shenanigans posted elsewhere, he is consistent with his username "bassace77" on many other boards.
    he's still posting stuff of Craigslist (apparently into cars too) and digging a little deeper, some pretty seedy "personal habits" (EWWWWW)

his address is published (go digging on your own) so he should be pretty easy to locate in order to serve. Let me google that for you

If he is in fact a book keeper, he should be very easy to track down indeed.

Additionally committing fraud, through US mail (if he used USPS) and across state lines may make these issues Federal offenses. :D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    GKon and SaxBass like this.
  18. DannyNFLD

DannyNFLD

Aug 20, 2011

Ughhhh so sorry to hear this happened to you, best of luck. Complete scumbag....

MaddAnthony_59 likes this.
  19. LowB-90

LowB-90 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2014
    USA
    Thats not even cool men.. He actually tried trading me that bass for my warrior. What a lowlife! image.png

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  20. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Yes, he HAD a good Scam going. Until he decided to make a Deal on a RARE (1 of 4 Dolphins with BE Maple Body) bass back on the Site he Scammed it From, with a Friend of mine! The Arrogance will be his Downfall...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021