1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by MaddAnthony_59, Sep 12, 2014.

1. gtrbasser

gtrbasser Play that again.... The right way.

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    PortlandBass77 and RBJ11 like this.
  2. InnerBass

InnerBass The Rallies, Creme Tangerine - "Chart Gun" 4 Hire. Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Stage Left
    Stay on it !

3. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Our favorite bass player played a gig last night in River bend park, Winston, OR.
    Just keeping ya'll up to date on his going ons.

PortlandBass77 and RBJ11 like this.
  4. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    He just listed on Portland Craigslist the same two Robin basses he attempted to sell on TB last December.

Robin Machete 5 string bass
    Robin Freedom bass

I called on the Freedom Bass and asked for photos. When he sent them, I knew I had seen that bass before. I tracked it back through TB and found this very helpful thread. Its the same flamed Robin Freedom bass that appears in this thread.

For Sale - Robin Freedom bass custom

Good thing too. We had agreed on a price and I was ready to pull the trigger. Had my PayPal account set to send funds. But, when he asked for a cashier's check because of how he hates PayPal fees, something told me a little caution was in order. Now he is telling me that his PayPal account is screwed up and he needs to get it reestablished before he can do any business. Whatever. As much as I want another Freedom Bass, I am walking away from this deal. Thanks everyone here at TB for the head's up.

5. InnerBass

InnerBass The Rallies, Creme Tangerine - "Chart Gun" 4 Hire. Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Stage Left

Somebody has to stop this guy.

6. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I just posted a warning to the Portland CL musical community warning of this bad apple.
    I hope that saves somebody a heart ache...... Or money ache.

RBJ11 likes this.
  7. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If anybody cares.... Our Buddy Dave is going to be playing a gig here on November 5th at 9:00 pm.
    There's a $3 cover charge to get in and show him some love! LOL.

Jersey Lilly
    1430 NE Dee Street Roseburg, OR 97470

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  8. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Ok, after months and such, UPS doesn't appear to want to move on this, and I talked to my local police where I filed a report and they said there is no stolen report on it initially and since UPS isn't making a move, it all seems to be a moot point.

So suck that Dave isn't getting the whipping he deserves. That said, from my end I think my effort covers the issue. Besides the serial issue, I think the only victim is UPS for this particular issue. So I guess it is ok since they aren't trying to take it further.

Just a heads up to those following, it was a good show lol.

Obese Chess and RiZzBot like this.
  9. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    That's disappointing. Just means this dirtbag is going to do it to someone else.
    Is it wrong for me to hope he dies in a room all alone?

10. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    It is Sad. But he knows the game, and how to take advantage of "The System". It's no wonder that Internet Fraud and ID Theft are so Common and Blatant. "The System" doesn't find it worth it's time to go after people like this. Or the "Scammer" from Missouri that tried to convince me that he bought this bass in a parking lot, and just wanted me to Western Union him his $250 back. But we all have his address. Maybe we should start shipping him "Little Surprises" once in a while. My Dog has to go make a Little Surprise now!

Merry Christmas everybody. Throat Punches to all you Scammers. (He's already got Herpes from what I read on a "Swingers Site")

catcauphonic and RiZzBot like this.
  11. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    This thieving scumbag needs a bath. Reference my sig below, the first one. BTW, I love that smell in the morning.

DirtyDuke, /\/\3phist0 and RBJ11 like this.
  12. TrendSpotter

TrendSpotter

Mar 21, 2017
  13. Thanks. Those ads look wicked shady.

/\/\3phist0 and RBJ11 like this.
  14. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ugh! This guy just SUX!
    I hope that someone goes through the effort to check this guy out before getting screwed.

15. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It appears our favorite bass player/thief is having a fire sale, of sorts.
    He is all over Portland CL selling half dozen bass'.
    Must be trying to fund his next purchase.... What a dope!

16. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

17. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Nevermind, the one stolen was a 5 and this is a 4.

18. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Mesa Engineering! Warwick-G&L-Source Audio

May 7, 2007
    Stanislaus
    Also it was found and the culprit is known.

Quadzilla likes this.
  19. Gents (and ladies) I bring you a recent event from Mr Walker all the way from Raleigh, NC. I recently decided to sell my amazing Markbass Tube 800 on eBay. Happily it sold and happily I Fedexed it for the journey to the western part of the country. I was surprised when I got a return request stating the amp did not function and missing a power supply. The informed reader should note that the Tube 800 does not have a power supply, just standard power cable. Now seeing Mr Walker is a bass enthusiast I am even more upset. Any how, package was shipped and received at my parents house as I knew I would not be able to receive. Box was empty and full refund was sent back to Me Walkers PayPal which is under the email centerstagephotography@yahoo.com. I of course went at it with PayPal and Ebay which may have gained my victory BUT this jerk is still out there. He used the same phone number a previous poster stated which led me here. I would love if you'd keep an eye out for me on CL. The amp has some particular cosmetic blemishes which I could recognize. I am filing a police report per the request of eBay as this is possibly come considered under postal fraud not to mention the fact he cheated me out of $591. Thank you and happy playing.

RiZzBot and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  20. TrendSpotter

TrendSpotter

Mar 21, 2017
    Sorry to hear that news. Two resources (in addition to Craigslist) you might want to connect with:

On Facebook search for "Cascadia Deep - Northwest Bass Players"-- A Portland area "bassists only" group

Also search for Oregon musical equipment trading An Oregon/Washington group

I just checked both (and C/List) and didn't see it but will keep an eye out.

M