1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by MaddAnthony_59, Sep 12, 2014.

1. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Incredible this guy is still at it.

It’s a shame, the people who this really hurts, to whom $500 or $1000 is a lot, aren’t able to prosecute. The company’s with the resources to influence law enforcement to take action don’t think it’s worth their time.

I think this thread and keeping it updated is a great resource: obviously people are finding it (hopefully early enough to save themselves).
    It’s a shame that there are so many clear cut cases of deception and apparent fraud, and years later he’s still active.
    A few posts back I saw that he pulled a scam w/ the USPS - that’s federal and under the Postmaster General’s purview.... and still nothin?!
    Good luck everyone, stay safe, and hopefully this thread will someday be retitled “Longtime Scammer in the Slammer” (thanks to TB!!)

catcauphonic likes this.
  2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I just contacted the local TV stations there again, giving them his contact info, and an update on his latest scams.

3. What news station is it? I'll send more info to them. I'm sure having multiple people emailing them could help

4. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    Channel's 2, 12, and KGW, which I guess is a Radio Station. I sent this:

Hello Portland News,

Our Friend Is STILL Scamming people with the same scam, same address, same e-mail address. I just got a txt message from a nice young man who he Scammed out of almost $600 on eBay. He is so Blatant about this because no one will do anything about it. I still think an Ambush Interview with him ( Dean Walker - bassace77@yahoo.com ) on 6 O'Clock News would be Interesting. I have MANY People who would love to go on the record to see Dean Walker face justice for his Years of Internet Scamming.

Here is the Link regarding my Bass that he used in his Scam:

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

I really hope to hear from someone soon.

Regards,

Anthony Stevens

catcauphonic and RobTheRiot like this.
  5. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    KGW is Channel 8

6. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm in Raleigh as well, file a police report as that is where I filed mine

justplayguitar likes this.
  7. Hey guys, things are moving along in the my case and I am getting somewhere. Ill just put it that way. If you have been scammed by this guy, specifically if you filed a police report, can you send me an email at davewalkerscam@yahoo.com and then I will contact you with my personal email. As many people as we can get, the better. I'm not on a hunt to put this guy behind bars but the police are interested in my case past just filing a report. I sent the first officer a link to the Talkbass forum and I can imagine it made a difference, I'm not the only one hurt in this crap.
    Thanks, Davewalkerscam@yahoo.com

Quadzilla likes this.
  8. Read my last post, lets get in contact with each other. Thanks man

9. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    Well, the Wheels do Turn Slowly! I got a Call from a Portland TV Station that Specializes in Ambush Interviews. They are Intrigued to hear that 2+ years later our Hero, Dave Walker, is still running the Same Scam without any distractions from Law Enforcement. They might want to meet up with him, and discuss some of these Pure Profit Transactions he specializes in.
    < PopCorn! >

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Awesome news!

11. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Mesa Engineering! Warwick-G&L-Source Audio

May 7, 2007
    Stanislaus
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Caca de Kick likes this.
  12. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    I guess I wouldn’t expect the guy to completely go underground, but after so many apparently criminal acts, to be advertising your band online just seems like flaunting the fact he has no fear of any real retribution. Just incredible.

I had read this thread thru a while back and have been getting updates. Glad to hear it sounds like both law enforcement & media are starting to take some interest. Persistence pays off.

Again, I wish you all a just & fair outcome, and that future victims are finally protected from this guys scams.

13. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy