1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by MaddAnthony_59, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Signed delivery attempt notice, the UPS driver left a notice to be signed. I did that a few years back, and they left it the next day for me, on the porch. Driver leaves a form that allows you to sign and leave instructions for where to hide package. Not sure if they do that anymore, as you can reroute with the app to a local UPS store or pick up at hub.

Gunga Din likes this.
  2. Any updates in the last month?

Stewart13 likes this.
  3. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    Update?

4. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    15E0B4A1-EC62-4958-9DDB-CE4B1AE94295.jpeg Had to do my part. Makes me ashamed to be from Portland.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Somehow if I got a text like that and had no idea about what it was (e.g., I hadn't been scamming) a simple "I think you have the wrong guy" would have been about it, without the personal attack. Seems like someone's sensitive.
    Hope the news and the cops get to him.

Novarocker, Stewart13 and Goatrope like this.
  6. taton

taton

Dec 29, 2013
    I just got my fill of David Walker of Portland. I sold a my Digitech BP8 Vacuum Tube Bass Preamp / Effects Processor thru Ebay to Walker. He claimed overheating. I then agreed to the return. I got an empty box. To all: Be aware of the empty box scam. I have to give Ebay credit for making the transaction whole. I don't know if Walker got a refund and a free BP8 and don't care. His ebay tag is motorboatin777. I am also filing a report with USPS and PP.

7. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    Cannot believe this guy is still pulling the same scam.

8. Novarocker

Novarocker

Oct 12, 2015
    Detroit
    Checked it out, doesn't look like he sells anything on there. Wonder why...

9. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

It seems he sells with a different I'd.

mikeswals and Novarocker like this.
  10. Novarocker

Novarocker

Oct 12, 2015
    Detroit
    Like a true scammer

11. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Thanks for the heads up. What a total D-bag. What's this motorboating clown's feedback look like?

12. taton

taton

Dec 29, 2013
    Also, I want to thank the TB community for all the threads on this AH. Without you guys I'd have a difficult time proving my case. Gomer says 'thankya, thankya, thankya".

13. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    @taton Thanks for letting us know...I'm very sorry this happened to you. I've blocked him from being able to buy from me on eBay.

I can't believe he's still able to pull this same scam. Here is a link to his feedback profile. If it doesn't show up immediately with this link, you can click on the "Left for Others" tab above his feedback to the right and see the nonsense he has been pulling. That's a huge red flag, yet eBay still lets him have an active profile. Crazy.

Feedback Profile

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  14. Ebay should ban him for life seeing his history of scamming people... the feds getting him for mail fraud would also be a viable option...

15. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    They need solid proof. Which is sometimes hard to get in situations like these. Kinda a he said she said type deal depending on the situation.

16. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    How does this guy have 105 positives and ZERO negatives?? Even the only seller who actually left him a negative review, checked the 'positive' box o_O but wrote "Full of excuses and promises, but no payment...avoid."

Novarocker likes this.
  17. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    But yea, he's only left 15 feedbacks as a buyer, and more than half of them are of the 'I got ripped off' variety :meh: So obvious that something isn't right with that, but still... where's HIS negatives???

Screenshot_20200122-025703_Chrome.jpg

18. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    That's a great point @catcauphonic. eBay changed their feedback system years ago so sellers can't leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. It's complete BS to not be able to do that. As a seller, you are able to "report the buyer" to eBay but not leave a negative feedback to warn other sellers. Because of this, when I receive a best offer for an item I have listed, I always look at their "feedback left for others" which will usually provide a clue as to whether they are a good/reasonable buyer or a scam artist like this guy.

As I said, considering the amount of negative feedback he has left shows a pattern and it's absolute crap that eBay has allowed him to stay on the platform. All of this shows exactly how eBay prioritizes buyers vs sellers.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  19. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    That is so pointless :rollno:

porterbass likes this.
  20. I totally agree... because not only do the sellers have to pay eBay fee's when they sell stuff but they also have to pay the PayPal fee's. There has to be some kind of incentive for the sellers. I guess that's why I never messed with selling stuff on there due to stories and scammers like this.

Novarocker likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021